How To Behave - Live

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big day has arrived and you are about to play your first live game. Act like you had been playing live for ages, play the part.
DO -
Make your calls audibly and clearly.
Know the value of all the chips.
When you win do not brag about it.
When you lose, do so gracefully.
Know the rules inside out.
Play at the pace of the table.
DO NOT -
Fold out of turn.
Criticize other players.
Drink to excess - nobody likes a drunk.

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exact.
Keep calm, go into the rhythm of the table and the game, so the nervousness goes by and just enjoy the game.

C

crdalchemy93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think its that important to keep pace with the table or try to give off the impression that your a reg live player. after 20 min people will know your new at live play by the way your acting so I think its better to use it to your advantage and defiantly don't rush your decisions. Take your time study the players and if you tilt someone by playing to slow that's ok.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with "Make your calls audibly and clearly", "Know the value of all the chips"., When you lose, do so gracefully, Know the rules inside out.

However, its likely you will be found as a new player relatively quickly so I would use it to your advantage if you have solid skills. For example;
"...When you win do not brag about it..." depends on who you win against. I have been at tables in Borgata where you get the odd belligerent (not necessarily drunk) player not necessarily well versed in poker but thinks they are, and a little bragging can go a long way to making them an ATM.

Play at the pace of the table. I only agree with this if you are playing at a table with solid players. But regardless play your hands deliberately and don't let anyone rush you (of course within reason, you shouldn't be holding up the table either). Just my opinion.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
please don't take as long as they do on ESPN2 !

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not
dont look at your hole cards until your turn-check out players that act befor you looking at there cards,and after you act

great post idea for sure:)

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
on the contrary, I play as if I don't recognize chips value and stuff like been very bad at handling chips.

By the Time they realize is acting 305, it will be too late! you already got them with a big win. From that moment on the acting is not needed but I always enjoy this part. :)

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need to be calm and patiente like you have expiriance.....

Organize a Home Poker Game