How to become a great player

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing I believe is to be able to read your opponents. If you can read the opponents your playing against you can adjust your game so you can milk their chips. Also if you are able to read the people your playing it is easier for you to know your behind thus making it easier for you to muck hands and stop people milking you.
I believe luck has a small part to play in poker but this is very small.
The best players in the world arent players that chuck all in all the time these players like to see a flop. I mean ok the odds of AK beating pocket 8s it says 46% against 54% but lets work it out basically to hit a A or K the odds or 7-1 the odds of hitting a straight are god knows but higher than 7-1. So your heads up pocket 8s goes all in Ive seen a player fold to preflop all ins and he shows you AK AQ 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s even because he knows you dont win a tournament by flipping a coin you win by playing the game hope he doesnt mind me using his name but MTTCASHMAN what a player you are you have really opened my eyes. I havent seen him in action when he is deepstacked he may call the with AK AQ 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s but the person knows how to get in the money on a regular basis.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing I believe is to be able to read your opponents. If you can read the opponents your playing against you can adjust your game so you can milk their chips.

Totally agree with you. If being able to read your opps is not the most important thing in poker then it's one of the most important parts for sure. Ofc it's just one brick in the wall but this brick is part of the strongest ones :). From this ability, you can get the most profit.

Fishy players lose a lot of money just because they don't even think of other players' hands during the game. They see their two cards only.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play by the book

Good luck on the tables everyone and as always have fun

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker professionally should become an integral part of life. You can develop endlessly in this game. The game should always be treated as responsibly as possible, but at the same time not be nervous and nervous. For most pros, poker is a pleasant routine when they act tough and there is no room for emotion.
You must live poker if you want to be successful in this addictive and fun game.
Self-discipline plays an important role in becoming a professional poker player. It is difficult to learn to control your actions while playing. Often, nervousness and loss of composure lead to the loss of a bankroll. A true professional will never lose more than he can afford in the hope of recouping. He just begins to love his losses, they sometimes help him return to reality and soberly analyze his mistakes.
Euphoria is a terrible enemy
It often happens that a person starts playing poker and immediately starts to get lucky. He read a lot of special literature, he has a mathematical mindset, he is excellent at calculating probabilities. Everything is in his favor. Even now, it seems that the career was a success. He constantly wins, increases his bankroll, all opponents seem to him to be "fish", the game goes according to his rules. But suddenly it crashes. At first, a person thinks that this is an isolated case: "With me, such an almighty God of poker, this simply cannot be" - and continues to play in the old fashioned way. But then something starts to change. The game is played in a completely different way and nothing can be changed.
By the way, this stage is very difficult to overcome. The sense of their own omnipotence makes the player play worse and worse.

The player should always remember that luck often plays an important role in poker. When you win, do not think that it is only your personal merit. Never think of yourself as "the smartest."

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well its just not over night you have to study and take the game serious if you want to be a winning player watch videos watch streamers who are pro's
take a course etc everything here on cc you can figure out aswell
maybe use raise your edge. etc

Again becoming a winning players takes a few years
you can win 3 tournaments in a month but you can be on a whole downswing the rest of the year or years. if you can't handle losing... the grind isnt for you

Play with money that you can afford to lose dont play with money that you hardly need!

1: study hard
2: use bankroll managment
3: dont tilt