How to be better in hand equity estimation in ALL-IN situations

P

PrDvGatach

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1.In some situations you can quickly count your ALL-IN hand equity manually,so,that you know your hand vs. hand equity,for example,if you have Top Pair and ½ of your opponent range are overcards an another ½ OESD you can make average.So my question is,which hand vs. hand equity are worth for to be memorize,both preflop and postflop.I want accurate answers like FD vs OESD+overcards or same cards with different kicker preflop.
2.When I want practise this skill with software preflop and postflop:
-Against,which ranges is vital know ALL-IN hand equity some specific hands preflop?I want to play full ring.
Are there some ALL-IN situations,where little changes in opponent range and board texture does not change nearly nothing and I should remember my equity in this situations?I assume middle pair vs. 12-16% on Ahigh and Khigh flop with 2 undercards or AK vs. 2,6-4% preflop.
3.Do you know some good equity calculator,which take into account removal card effects,for free or like a trial?I know,that flopzilla have this function,but i think it count only flop equity(does not take into account turn and river in trial version.Maybe even in full version.),if i am wrong correct me.

P.S.sorry,if i have some spelling or grammar mistakes in the text.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really ....

The problem is the game is far to complex.
Given the dynamic number of variables one would need to come close to an estimate,
the accuracy needed is too time consuming to be worthwhile.
Only with continuous experience playing, and observing, one could almost instinctively determine if a ALL-in is equitable.
Time is the great teacher of all. how you spend it, determines what you learn. :captain::cool:

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
... 3.Do you know some good equity calculator,which take into account removal card effects,for free or like a trial?I know,that flopzilla have this function,but i think it count only flop equity(does not take into account turn and river in trial version.Maybe even in full version.),if i am wrong correct me....

As for free equity calculators, Equilab from PokerStrategy.com is a good free option. It also has an "equity trainer" built in where you can set up practice sessions to get more familiar with making equity estimations.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey brother,

Yes, equilab is the best free calculator out there.
Flopzilla also is very helpful with this but it's more advanced

Regarding quick calculation of outs, the rules of 2 and 4 are a good approximation.
To figure out your equity (% chance of winning) on the flop multiply your # of outs by 4, and on the turn multiply your # of outs by 2. This will give you an approximation.

In terms of specific hand matchups, I did a nice piece on this on one of my very first youtube videos which you can watch here:

skip to 43:50 for the section on equity, outs, and understanding this stuff easily

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands