oddly enoght you might have playd better because you did not know as much about poker as you now =)
1. now you might think ranges for exmaple that 4.5bb raise from MP might mean ATo+, 88+, maybe suited connectors, so you fold to cbet on the flop with an face card, while the same situation when you started would make you call.
2. maybe you give to much credit to people playing your limit (you did not specify but still). Some things are tru in micro FOREVER(check-raise turn=moster,3betshove=monster(unless seen otherwise),75VPIP/10PFR=shove into him with good hands...)
3. maybe "watching videos, reading forums"... has done a cruel joke with you. Look at dough polk, are whatever his last hame is, the guy is CRUSHING highs stakes, killing WCOOP and... can get throught micros =), why? he is a high-stake player. 3,4,5 level fo thinking
, the same logic CAN NOT be applyed to people at micros who play "fit or fold". I'm sure if you watch guys like innerpsycho on twich you will be speniding half of the time thinking "wat da... did he just 4bet raise K9o in MP??!!", the reason why he can do this is because players from that level will give him respect for agression and fold. Now I dont have to tell you what happens when you push AA from UTG in fullring micros, how many calls do you get 2-4-everyone? and what are they holding J9s,44,A3o... tell me I'm wrong =)
4. again, I do not know your limit, so I'm just guessing, but if you are playng micros/lows you should be watching guy who grind(!WIN) at thous limits maybe... blackrain79 (http://www.blackrain79.com/). You should adress the issus with micro/low mits - there is no post flop game almost. Poeple can have good PRF ranges and... dont know what to do with theme afterwards.Alot do not know how many outs they have and just pull OESD/FlushDro 'cause it looks good.
5. work on how youreact to losses, the till is real
To conclude: stay strong, dont give up... I need your $$$ =)