Hero folding

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played cash microstakes.......and I say a player min bet...I had AA so I raised...he called and than all-in....I called he had a set....some advice for a hero folding at micro stakes?

FromHereOn

FromHereOn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn your opponents' tendencies, and be very careful dumping big bets until you know who you're up against. Use the hand's bet history to dial in a specific hand that your opponent has and you're ready to play "big-ball".

Do your best to control pots and keep them small until you know you can take a specific player out.

Tournaments are more difficult if you're getting shuffled around tables often, but watch every hand that you're not in and take notes however you can.

If you HAVE to act with all of your chips without a read, make sure to be very close to the nut hand. If you're top-pair top-kicker with no info and you're 3-bet all-in on the turn, FOLD. Watch that player like a hawk and get your revenge if you can put them on light hands.

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No good advice from me I'm afraid.. I never hero fold..
Unless Its RL and i can see a tell that he has the better hand.

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without much information, it seems you just got coolered. If the board was dry (no straight or flush or even likely 2 pair combos), you're not getting away from AA. It's so hard to put someone on a set.

S

sharon mckee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is to hard to put someone on a set and you cant get away from it

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aside from hard to recognize set, its hard to fold AA after flop.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played cash microstakes.......and I say a player min bet...I had AA so I raised...he called and than all-in....I called he had a set....some advice for a hero folding at micro stakes?

Position? Stack sizes? Bet sizing? Table format?

N

NorskNewman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry it is just sooooo situational.

For instance -

If we get flatted pre flop by tight players I assume small pair set mining. Because usually tight players will re-raise pre if they have drawing hands or big pairs AQ ak , jj+. But the flat call tells me small pair set mining consciously.

Then it's all about paying attention. If the board is dry and he check calls or check raises. Basically anything but folds. I'm suspicious . If we don't improve its best to exercise some pot control.
A big red flag is if this passive play from our villian thus far in the hand, turns aggressive.
Say on the turn he bets a decent amount . Alarms are goin off in my head. But if we decide to call this and he fires again on the river- our overpair is beat a lot of the time.
Passive play is a lot more likely from the typical tight player. Them calling our later street bets is more likely than beginning to lead out against us on the turn/river.

Fish on the other hand, man at these stakes they will show up with anything and might pay you off with second pair.

I've been known to lay down AA when 3bet 4bet wars preflop break out between me and a tight villian - once he decides to call my reraise and a K hits the flop. You just know.

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On micro stakes, there are so many people making big bet bluffs, that it is difficult to separate these players from someone who has hit the set.

Folding in Poker