Help me, i really want to get better

D

DMT4000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, could appreciate some help, i really want to get better at poker, im positive i can get better, i play pokerstars at NL 2$, 6max, Fast (Zoom) and just keep losing; i give it time, i study and everything but just keep losing.

Started playing play money and went from 50000 to 500000, thats when i decided to hit real money tables. Since then i only keep losing and losing, i always take notes on my mistakes and adjunt my GTO tables but i haven't seen a real change. I feel like i need some kind of coach or feedback.

I attached my stats and some useful info.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dmt4000 stats.jpg
    dmt4000 stats.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 49
  • dmt4000  full stats.jpg
    dmt4000 full stats.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 50
Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What helped me get better in poker (and I'm not saying I'm a great poker player, or nothing like that. I'm just better then I was before) was using screen recorder to record my gameplay, and then I would watch my hands, how I played them, and judge the aftermath.

Also what helped me, and could help you is to try and visualize yourself as playing live poker with players looking at you, and people looking at how you play. Think that you are in live game, on television and everybody can see your actions. This helped me a lot, making great decisions, especially folding decision, as folding a good hand, that I would normally play with and lose.

These two things helped me a lot.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, could appreciate some help, i really want to get better at poker, im positive i can get better, i play pokerstars at NL 2$, 6max, Fast (Zoom) and just keep losing; i give it time, i study and everything but just keep losing.

Started playing play money and went from 50000 to 500000, thats when i decided to hit real money tables. Since then i only keep losing and losing, i always take notes on my mistakes and adjunt my GTO tables but i haven't seen a real change. I feel like i need some kind of coach or feedback.

Thanks!
The difference between play money and real money is comparable to the difference between a cute friendly housecat and a wild man eating lion.
Zoom is tough game you really got to have patience and wait until you have monster hand and spot before you committ chips.
I wish you luck:D

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your vpip n pfr are too wide indicating your limping into pots... a lot of pots .... zoom poker is - even at 2c tables .... raise pre.....reraise pre.

zoom has a higher starting hand requirement simply because its so easy to muck hands and move onto the next hand....effectively why play a mediocore hand when the next hand might be AA...

I suggest you re evaluate your starting hands tighten them up and start raising a lot more preflop.

As you get more comfortable you can start to introduce steals from CO/BUT...but for now starting hands and preflop raising

hope helps
:D

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What helped me get better in poker (and I'm not saying I'm a great poker player, or nothing like that. I'm just better then I was before) was using screen recorder to record my gameplay, and then I would watch my hands, how I played them, and judge the aftermath.

Also what helped me, and could help you is to try and visualize yourself as playing live poker with players looking at you, and people looking at how you play. Think that you are in live game, on television and everybody can see your actions. This helped me a lot, making great decisions, especially folding decision, as folding a good hand, that I would normally play with and lose.

These two things helped me a lot.

I found these recommendations very cool.

I will adopt this policy of recording my sessions and reviewing
THAANKS!!:rock:

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Playing live games is what helped me. Find a bar game or house game. I play much more reserved than when online, and I tend to be much more successful when live vs online. Not saying it's causation, but perhaps correlation.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
your vpip n pfr are too wide indicating your limping into pots... a lot of pots .... zoom poker is - even at 2c tables .... raise pre.....reraise pre.

zoom has a higher starting hand requirement simply because its so easy to muck hands and move onto the next hand....effectively why play a mediocore hand when the next hand might be AA...

I suggest you re evaluate your starting hands tighten them up and start raising a lot more preflop.

As you get more comfortable you can start to introduce steals from CO/BUT...but for now starting hands and preflop raising

hope helps
:D
I absolutely agree with this post, that your hand selection should become better and that you should add more preflop raises to your game. Well, I am not a zoom game player, but it fits to all kind of NLHE games in my opinion. The gap shouldn't be much higher than 10.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks!

AGO4CAS made a good post. Your range needs improvement and your C-betting too much which sounds like your playing far too passive, limping in or trying to constantly blast people off by bluffing post flop. This is a losing strategy. Adjust your range and keep studying. Search online for a poker range calculator and look at what 27% of your range looks like. then look at what 18% looks like. Now take into consideration that you're playing where people can literally fast fold so take your range down a little more. Raise more and 3 bet more. NO LIMPING. Good luck

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, they are very cool and this is what helped me.

Tell me how it worked for you. You can PM me or just drop a comment here. I hope it will help you. :cool:

Kamnerobot

Kamnerobot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the first time you can use starting hand charts, if it's difficult to make good decisions hand after hand.