Help implied odds! SPR! Hand equities!

genemachine00

genemachine00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I need help practicing implied odds, SPR, and determining hand equites throughout hand play. Problem is I don't have a computer for a HUD or software to play with. Anybody know of any useful tools to practice and learn more about these ??

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need help practicing implied odds, SPR, and determining hand equites throughout hand play. Problem is I don't have a computer for a HUD or software to play with. Anybody know of any useful tools to practice and learn more about these ??

Thank you for posting.

You need to purchase a book.

Essential Poker Math

This may help.

The first two concepts are simple to understand.

SPR is simply your stack to the pot size.

pot 100 stack 100 1-1
pot 200 stack 500 1-2.5 you simply use a fraction 200/500=1-2.5
pot 200 stack 1200 1-6. 200/1200 then simplify

Implied odds is straight forward but requires estimation.

With implied odds you estimate what a villain will call if you make your hand and bet.

If you need 3-1 odds to call the turn but you are only getting 2.5 to 1 and your villain will call a bet on river equal to .5 estimated implied odds, then you can call the turn.

Set mining is using implied odds. Often we need 10-1 to set mine so we call 3 bb raise estimating our villain will put 30 bb in the pot post flop.

Hope this helps
:):)

genemachine00

genemachine00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for posting.

You need to purchase a book.

Essential Poker Math

This may help.

The first two concepts are simple to understand.

SPR is simply your stack to the pot size.

pot 100 stack 100 1-1
pot 200 stack 500 1-2.5 you simply use a fraction 200/500=1-2.5
pot 200 stack 1200 1-6. 200/1200 then simplify

Implied odds is straight forward but requires estimation.

With implied odds you estimate what a villain will call if you make your hand and bet.

If you need 3-1 odds to call the turn but you are only getting 2.5 to 1 and your villain will call a bet on river equal to .5 estimated implied odds, then you can call the turn.

Set mining is using implied odds. Often we need 10-1 to set mine so we call 3 bb raise estimating our villain will put 30 bb in the pot post flop.

Hope this helps
Who is the author ? And im currently reading Owen Gaines math that matters it helps but I need some in-depth practice I feel. I understand implied odds I just really think I need a lot of practice. Thank you for the suggestion [emoji4]

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OHHHH OK

Who is the author ? And im currently reading Owen Gaines math that matters it helps but I need some in-depth practice I feel. I understand implied odds I just really think I need a lot of practice. Thank you for the suggestion [emoji4]

If you want to practice and do not have access to a computer the only way to do it is to use a deck of cards and sheets of paper.
You deal out situations and then estimate stack sizes and use that to do your math calculations.

So you give villain 1800 chip stack you 2200 chip stack blinds 10-20. Pot 135 on flop you have a draw villain has AA. Villain bets 3/4 pot. You calculate direct pot odds, then estimate what the villain would have to call on turn or river for implied odds.

Then repeat. This is how Ivey and others learned how to do it.

This is all you can do without a computer or an old game console with a poker game on it.

Hope this helps

genemachine00

genemachine00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to practice and do not have access to a computer the only way to do it is to use a deck of cards and sheets of paper.
You deal out situations and then estimate stack sizes and use that to do your math calculations.

So you give villain 1800 chip stack you 2200 chip stack blinds 10-20. Pot 135 on flop you have a draw villain has AA. Villain bets 3/4 pot. You calculate direct pot odds, then estimate what the villain would have to call on turn or river for implied odds.

Then repeat. This is how Ivey and others learned how to do it.

This is all you can do without a computer or an old game console with a poker game on it.

Hope this helps

Hmm it sounds good thank you I'll give it a shot !

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I may tell you how I calculate implied odds and I regard that very very important, a lot of players has no clue about it. The info that Implied odds give us is how many chips we have to earn in future streets to make a profitable call even you havent odds enough to call by the pot size and vice versa.
I have 1: 9 odds of my hand to be winner, so I multiply the value that I have to call by 10 (1 + 9). When there already is a pot, I subtract it from the result.
Ex:
Effective stack: 20k chips
We have 1:9 odds,
There's 1000 chips in the pot
Villains raises to 2500 chips
We multiply our call by 10 = 25K
And subtract from the pot that already exist, 25K - 3.500 = 21.500 chips.
So to make a profitable call you have to gain 21.500 chips in future streets.
In a lot of times the villain is not able to put all that chips on the table, other lot of times you or villain has no chips enough.

I hope that help you, I love to talk about poker math, GG [emoji2]

Last edited:
Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands