Help

Laurenfergus

Laurenfergus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a sit&go and people just kept going all in on each hand eventually I called his all in with JJ and he won with a straight. Is there on hear that could tell me how to challenge a player like that.

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
S&Gs come in many different flavours.
Each one can be defined by ...
Buy In ($$),
Seats\players (Number of player),
Starting Stack size (how may BBs you start with),
Starting Big Blind size (BB),
Level Duration (minutes),
Cash places\amounts

If you said what these variables were then we would know more about what type of S&G you were playing.
But, I'd guess its a low buy-in, possibly FR and Starting stack is <=20 BBs and I'll assume multi-table (since it wouldn't last long if there's AIs every hand).

If in every hand 2 or more players are going AI then you can afford to wait a round or 2 and let them knock each other out. But join the carnage if you have AA, KK, AK.
As the rounds progress you can widen your playable (AI) hands to big As and pairs.
The objective is to get lucky and built a stack that you can start to bully with ... sometimes, once the AIs die down, these type of games turn into real poker games .. so watch for that happening and then normal rules apply.

Also, your JJ AI call was probably the right thing to do, you went to the flop against one player, you were ahead pre, he got the luck.

Hope you have the luck next time.

Last edited:
I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to learn the basics of poker! Then you will be more confident! Now there is a lot of material! gnaw granite of science!