Hearing Frequency Test: How good is your hearing?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Listening to music can be stimulating while playing poker. The type of music you listen to makes a difference and ends up reflecting on your mood and the way you behave in the game.

To be sure that you will ALWAYS hear them, take care of the volume and intensity of the sounds that reach your ears. The normal range of human hearing is 20HZ to 20,000HZ, but decreases with age.

See the video to verify where you are compared to everyone else and post the result here below in the comments.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was doing this without headphones. My wife started looking around before I could hear anything. When I had stopped it, she asked if I had heard something. Her results were Unbelievable and mine was Amazing.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was doing this without headphones. My wife started looking around before I could hear anything. When I had stopped it, she asked if I had heard something. Her results were Unbelievable and mine was Amazing.

That's really good! The ideal is to pause as written in the video as soon as you start to hear a high frequency sound. And by the way, what was the final result achieved in the test?

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I listened with headphones. On the first try the test is 11000 Hz, and on the second 14500 Hz. It's like fun, I understand.)) The most accurate test is an audiometry and timpometry test, where the graph shows a deviation from the norm.

J

JR1987

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to ruin the fun but this cant be accurate.

Due to the video compression the sound cant go any higher than 14k.

You can probably download a pitch oscillator and test it with some high quality headphones.

But a youtube video through normal speakers or iphone headphones just isnt gonna cut it.. Sorry!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

14.500kz is remarkable! And yet, without any type of headphone or earphone to help in the test is even more incredible. Perhaps it is a sign that you have taken good care of your hearing!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
18500. Probably not accurate enough though.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

You can probably download a pitch oscillator and test it with some high quality headphones.

But a youtube video through normal speakers or iphone headphones just isnt gonna cut it.. Sorry!

Knowledge is always welcome! Yes, it depends on some other factors as well. We can consider the quality of the headset together with the sound card, volume, the environment itself, etc.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couldn't hear a thing over the vacuum cleaner. :cool:

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
15875 no head phones. Accurate or on it was interesting and fun to try.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Couldn't hear a thing over the vacuum cleaner. :cool:

Try the test later and post the result here below in the comments. Preferably, after cleaning the house (laughs). A simple headset also helps if you don't have a headphone.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I listened with headphones. On the first try the test is 11000 Hz, and on the second 14500 Hz. It's like fun, I understand.)) The most accurate test is an audiometry and timpometry test, where the graph shows a deviation from the norm.

Your result is remarcable! This is a signal that you are above average. I did a similar test once when i was a kid. The only thing i remember was to lift my finger when the doctor asked me to say if i was listening to something. :D

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not use headphones and I started hearing the sound at 12,500 Hz.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
15875 no head phones. Accurate or on it was interesting and fun to try.

Wow, that's excellent! After you try again with the headset (if you have with you, of course) and put the result here to see if it increases still more. By the way, how old are you?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Don't ruin my fun with facts and evidence! I was around "amazing" level with cheap earbuds because headphones cost more. Of course, I can hear the mail truck coming around our street corner: I've learned from my dogs :)

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I did not use headphones and I started hearing the sound at 12,500 Hz.

I don't know if it is possible to perceive the vibration without the headset/earphone to help with this test. Anyway, your result is very good!

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
140 that I can't see how much it is.I think your idea was to deaf the whole forum hahaha.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
140 that I can't see how much it is.I think your idea was to deaf the whole forum hahaha.

Did you test with the headset/earphone? This result of 140 (18000Hz) is unbelievable, congrats! Your hearing is excellent.