Heads up player looking for some help managing frustration

J

Jordansimo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Reasonably new player, probably been playing for a few months but I'm a decent player and winning at the stakes I play in the heads up sit and go's

I've had a super frustrating couple of days which have taken a fair chunk of my bankroll and are making me feel like giving up on poker, even though it's something I enjoy doing and something I'm reasonably good at.

I've been through my hand histories for the past few days and I'm just running plain bad. I played a super aggro maniac who would re-raise me pre flop every hand. Whenever I limped he would just shove at 50bbs deep. Easy game. Waited until I had TT+ AKs and just limped. Lost every shove to junk hands. He shoved over my limp three matches in a row and I lost all three. He hit two pair twice and runner runner flush.

Just generally trying to tighten my opening ranges to flop better hands, raising KQs and getting awful flops. 76s and getting JQK flops. Calling my opponents 3x raises with top 30% hands and it feels like they are picking the cards that come down. Betting top pair on the flop and getting called with an overcard and then losing out on the river. I understand it's part of the game but I've been coming up against it for a few days in a row now and it's just grinding at my confidence.

If anyone has been through a similar patch and could give any tips I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I feel like I am in a slump in my hu game I watch a bunch of hu training videos on husngs.com, then I go play hu hypers, then I review my hands.