Heads up all-in every hands

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it has happened to me more than once, to be playing a sit and go to reach the heads up moment and when the opponent realizes that my post flop game starts to drain him more and more he decides to go all-in all the hands. When we have a similar stack, paying an all-in unless it is a premium hand is a bit of raffling the tournament at 50% -40% chance with any hand that wins it or me, so considering how we were playing It's a big deal for my rival, since he kept losing postflop chips.

So my question would be, how do you think is the best way to act in this situation? Since most times I decide to pay all-in I end up losing the first place.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's an easy one. Adjusted nash calling ranges.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep,opponents do this when they have no heads-up game.Just gotta deal with it and wait for a hand to call with.:)

Oliver Wayne

Oliver Wayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not сall somebody's bluff. Just wait for perfect hand.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on blinds

Really depends on where the blinds are if they are low still you can wait for that awesome hand to take him down . If they are a little higher and he is draining you you better pick one and get em in .60/40 at even stacks is a lot better than 80/20 just to catch up when your down to 25% of the chips

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well there's a Heads Up Club open to all:

https://www.cardschat.com/usercp.php

Perhaps you could test the possibilities/limitations of both sides of this situation.

I've usually found that "going in every hand" really means "going in way too much, but not actually every hand". The trick is to make sure that your overaggressive opponent is overaggressive when you need him to be. Stack and blind sizes dependent, open up your opening range enough to include some limps to see how he'll react so you can get him to shove when you have it.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands