having pocket 10s in the small blind and a big stack is all in in MP1 or later

T

ThomasdePomas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello dear users of cardschat,

Im very confused with having pocket 10s in the small and someone is all in before you, with a large stack.

Usually this big stack has Queens, Kings or Jacks, and tens will lose.
Also, you re out of position, but isnt pocket tens a high pocket pair with good odds?

What are your thoughts on this?

Greetings, ThomasdePomas (dutch, loose, poker player, amateur, fish for sure)

Last edited:
GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it depends on the type of game you'er playing . In a free roll i would call for sure sure. If the player has been being very aggressive i would probably call in that case also . It really does depend on the situation:)

GLGL:D .

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it depends on the type of game you'er playing . In a free roll i would call for sure sure. If the player has been being very aggressive i would probably call in that case also . It really does depend on the situation:)

GLGL:D .

+1 It really depends on the opponent(s) you are facing and the game type. If it is heads up, then your pocket tens are about 75% favorite against a random hand they have preflop. If it is full-ring (9 or 10 players) and a tight table, then pocket 10s aren't as great. There is debate on which course of action to play, but I'd probably see a flop if I can get a good price. If facing multiple tight callers, then you can be almost certain that one of them has you beat; especially on a dangerous, wet board. In these cases, folding looks better and better.