Have you lost your Poker Game?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering if anyone else has changed their game too much. I have been doing a lot of studying lately and it feels like my game has been lost. Maybe I made many changes to fast because I seem to be playing worse. I did see some improvements at first and then I thought I needed to change my entire game. :eek:

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never changed my game too much in one single time... If I end up having bad results, I wouldn't know what change is wrong for me.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly, it seems that these changes occur mainly after long downsizings

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have found it is best to work on one thing at a time. I often go back and review where i think i am weak or where i need improvement and work on that. example i might concentrate on my position play or on my betting size or on my button play. I pick one thing and make sure i get that back on track before i make any other changes to my play. sometimes you need to even go back and study the basics to see if you are going wrong everywhere. it is very easy over time to lose your game. make small adjustments concentrate on one part and soon you will be back to form.

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i feel your game has to always change because the opponets are always changing
so it changes with the oppositions

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I have been on a downswing in an effort to improve my game. I was doing fine but results on sharkscope indicated that I needed to increase my aggression.

Wow, did that spin me out of the nice bankroll I have been building steadily. Now I have to find my centre all over again. Hope I settle down soon!

I would definitely suggest small steps in improving your game. I started opening up my ranges too wide and got into lots of tough spots with a weak kicker. And of course the more hands you play, the more likely others at the table will gamble with you and then the sick jokes roll in.

Do not be afraid to go back to the drawing board. I definitely have to!

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Skill and a good strategy are not always a guarantee of success, you also need a little luck. This is poker. Pause for a few days

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have found it is best to work on one thing at a time. I often go back and review where i think i am weak or where i need improvement and work on that.

I think this is a great way to approach improving our game. As poker players of course it’s important that we’re always striving to improve as players, and perhaps the best way of accomplishing that is to focus on what improvements we can make that will have the biggest impact the most quickly. The best way to pickup on this is to review our own games, possibly with a skilled friend.

For example I once had a student that I noticed was calling shoves dramatically too tight. In his case, I believe that fixing this one significant leak turned him from a break even player to a slightly winning one.

Furthermore, once you improve one part of your game successfully, you’re way more likely to have the drive to do the work of improving other aspects. :)

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I experienced the same, when I started studying and implementing some of the "rules"
I lost many more hands although I played better starting hands, and playing poker wasn't as funny as before. But on the other hand I never won a tournament or made a FT before I started improving my game and in the meantime I stopped counting the victories, because it happens every once in a while. So in the long run a solid poker leads to better results, hang in there...

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully i lose mine and find Phil Ivey's!! :damnmate:

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also want to change my game, but I don’t know where to start and whether it will help me, I play almost only freerolls.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, right now poker is much different, like it was just a few years ago. You need to change your game sometimes for some opponents, if you want to win.
Anyway, if you are a good player, you still need to learn a lot, because right now to win in poker is not so easy.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel I have lost some of my game . I have fewer wins in cash and in tournament games than I did some time ago. I suppose I need to change it up some more, or maybe start from scratch. Would like to get Winning!!!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have compared to when I started to play poker, the game has improved now, I began to understand many moments in the game to make fewer mistakes and try to win, I think that if a player is well trained in poker lessons and then will be in the game to play and learn then he will be good at winning and improving his game!

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering if anyone else has changed their game too much. I have been doing a lot of studying lately and it feels like my game has been lost. Maybe I made many changes to fast because I seem to be playing worse. I did see some improvements at first and then I thought I needed to change my entire game. :eek:
I am not sure if I even had game. Won a few tourneys when I started, now that I tring harder I have not any. Need to sit back and revaluate what I am doing wrong.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just realized my mistakes that I did and began to read people) if you play and don't improve, then better not to play)

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't lose something I never had to begin with! :p

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you evolve your game you progress. In the long run you will play better and see the results.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this week I experienced a decline in my game ... I started reading a lot of strategies

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were correct to do a lot of studying, but the application of all the learned concepts in one time was overloading. It's now more difficult to isolate the single factor leading to issues.

When you prepare a homemade soup for first time, you don't add foreign ingredients all at once, but bit by bit, tasting and testing until the flavour is optimized. Similar situation here.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got lost in all the perfect betsizings and optimal plays. Now I can not even beat nl10 anymore. Overadjusting and trying to implement everything at once is not a good idea. There are so many information available on the internet that I got confused while trying to improve my game.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also started to study and started to implement the study tactics in my game I thought it got worse, I think the reason was to see how much players play wrong and they are lucky, once they open their eyes, there is no turning back, you will have to dealing with the fact that he is playing right and losing to players who play badly and who are lucky

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happened to me when I started to study to play turbo tournaments but gradually I got stuck and now I'm not even sorry for the difference.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you prepare a homemade soup for first time, you don't add foreign ingredients all at once, but bit by bit, tasting and testing until the flavour is optimized. Similar situation here.

Great analogy that works well here! :)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I put my chips away on the wrong shelf but didn't take long to find them. Does that count?

Top 10 Games