Have I hit a downswing here?

Thecontinuer

Thecontinuer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone.

I've been learning and grinding 6-Max "zoom" poker for a while now. Most of my graph is downwards, some of my graph is even and over the past few days I've managed to hit a positive win rate across maybe 10-15k hands. It's no 15bb/100 but I'm starting to see some green.

And then... The attached image happened. Straight down for something in the region of 5 buy ins.

For some background. Alot of the hands in the loss are missed flops and coolers, with the occasional cracked Aces and runner runner showdowns. I couldn't seem to get bank a winning pot anywhere.

I have stopped playing for the night to avoid tilt, but does this look like I should just keep slinging after an evening of hand reviewing? I've never encountered a downswing since I've "felt" like I'm playing well...

Thoughts?
Cheers.

Attachments

• downswing.jpg
    downswing.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 22
Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have days when the game absolutely fails. Then I just do some other things, so as not to spoil my nerves.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some days your the windshield some days the bug,for every upturn theres most certainly going to be a downturn,take a little break ,get yer thoughts together the ul feel refreshed again

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I have an up day, I stay longer than expected at the tables. When I have a down day, I leave a little sooner than expected. Stay at the tables while you win and do not be around for your losses. No one wants to attend their own funeral.

M

mjarom21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For every winner there has to be a couple losers. Some times you will be one of those losers, but the trick lies in using every tool you learned to lose the minimum and try to win the maximum. If that means walking away for a day or 2, or stopping play after 2 loses in a row, or maybe going down in buy ins after a few loses in a row. Anything and everything you can do to make sure you are losing the MINIMUM possible will get you that much closer to being a winning player.