Which hands should I defend vs Raise and 3-bet

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,
I am trying to build some 6-max cash ranges.
Assuming standard regs at the table and 100BB effective stacks which hands should I cold call and/or 4-bet (IP and OOP) facing an open raise and a 3-bet? Should I be linear here or can I add some 4-bet bluff/folds?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ranges are different for any position vs. any position, so there are a total of 15 different ranges for defending preflop at 6-max.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ranges are different for any position vs. any position, so there are a total of 15 different ranges for defending preflop at 6-max.
I thought these spots are relatively rare:

1.I am on CO (IP), I face a raise from UTG and a re-raise from HJ.
2. I am on BU (IP), I face a raise from UTG and a re-raise from HJ/CO.
3. I am on SB (OOP), I face a raise from UTG and a re-raise from HJ/CO/BTN.

4. I am on BB (OOP), I face a raise from UTG and a re-raise from HJ/CO/BTN.
Once I have a general idea about these spots it might be easier to build other spots.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that a micro limits? You don't give any info, your default ranges must be pretty tight imo.

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a mistake to use "balanced" ranges or some similar sh*t. Those are pretty nasty spots, you know. "Cold 4bet", "cold call vs 3bet". And don't know the limit, the room, but you must think about "field tendencies" there. If you don't have any info (default ranges). You talk about 3bet vs UTG. Must be very tight range as average. They are some rooms, this range will not be so tight, you know. Let's say WPN NL25, there are some crazy things right there. Some turkish rooms as well. Bet365 as well... MPN...But mainly the people very rare 3bet vs UTG. I would say as average 4-6% depends on the position. And there are some other things. When they hold let's say AK, JJ, QQ and someone 4bets vs their 3bet vs UTG, they become scared . Most likely. But they can't just fold. It is difficult for them . You can use that. Let's say you can shove with KK+ vs HJ vs UTG. Not NAI 4bet, shove. You can use AKo for 4bet bluff. QQ call, fold or 4bet will be pretty borderline. In this situation. I think you can use this hand for 4bet vs the late positions, CO, BTN. AKs as well. They are pretty similar, those hands. Vs HJ you can just call. If the size is not huge. And play carefully postflop. You can't fold TPTK ofc, but you can fold QQ overpair. From the blind you can just call with AKo and AQs. Because this decisions are pretty borderline, on the blind you have a better price for call and no one is behind you. I think you can use the other pocket pairs (even JJ), if the size is small (for 3bet). This is not a good spot for set mining. Because UTG will 4bet sometime. You can't afford to lose so much blinds, because this is still an "ugly", borderline spot. I think you can use AJs, AQs, KQs as bluff 4bet vs CO and BTN. Pretty good hands for that and you will look pretty strong.

Because this spots are very borderline, you must say something about the size. UTG size and 3bet size. I never thought so deeply about this spots, because I very rare play without any info, almost never.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands