Hand review

B

BakerBoom53

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Need help!

Playing 1/2 last night. Action table playing more like a 1/3 game. Standard opening raise 15-25 dollars pre.

I am in mp with KKhd. Button straddle for 5$ and there are 4 callers when it gets to me. I raise to 40$ and only the button comes along to the flop.

Flop comes 8-9-10 rainbow. I lead for 55$ and he flats.

Turn comes a 10. Putting a flush draw on the board. I check and he jams 210.

I tank fold. He shows KJsc.

Please explain what you would do from the beginning and why you do it and why what I did was wrong or right. Please and thanks!

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You needed a much better isolation bet at such fishy and hyperactive table.

Pocket Kings and Aces are great for pre-flop all-in, and I believe that optimal decision at such table is to isolate pot with a huge provocative 3bet, so that you'll be left against just one opponent with Ace+strong kicker or against a pocket pair OR against someone 4betting you with pre-flop all-in. Such 40-45-50% stack 3bets are very provocative you know, it might look like 1) you have pocket aces or 2) you're bluffing to steal the pot.
You're in MP and Button(Dealer) Straddles $5?? Was it counter-clockwise game? Or You wanted to say that UTG opened with 2.5BB which is $5? I'll continue like if it was UTG...

Let's say your stack is 100bb = $200
Table is very active, and according to you, standard opening bet is really high, it's 7,5-12,5BB, it's approx 10% for 100bb stack!!

So what do you see? 5*5 +2+1 = $28 in the pot already and 5 players who want to see the flop + unknown number of players behind you who might also join. You're holding KK, and obviously you don't want to see Ace high flop, when you see multiple callers in front of you it might mean that they're holding A-rags, nice connectors or small pocket pairs. Which decision is optimal? To isolate pot with a huge bet, so that it might look like a bluff and will force players with trashy aces and weak connectors to fold or to pay you with their weak hands being dominated. In this hand I believe that betting half of the stack or in other words $100 would be a great decision, maybe $80, maybe $120. If one player in front of you calls, then he might bluff at any flop with any hand, and if it's not A-high flop then you're calling in 100% cases, personally after investing 50% of my stack I would call with remaining 50% at any flop holding pocket Kings.

Also, since you're saying that standard opening is $15-25, then I believe that more than 1 player could call your $40 3bet, just because of the big pot, just because they're thinking that others have top cards, and their 78s will be good post-flop.

B

BakerBoom53

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You needed a much better isolation bet at such fishy and hyperactive table.

Pocket Kings and Aces are great for pre-flop all-in, and I believe that optimal decision at such table is to isolate pot with a huge provocative 3bet, so that you'll be left against just one opponent with Ace+strong kicker or against a pocket pair OR against someone 4betting you with pre-flop all-in. Such 40-45-50% stack 3bets are very provocative you know, it might look like 1) you have pocket aces or 2) you're bluffing to steal the pot.
You're in MP and Button(Dealer) Straddles $5?? Was it counter-clockwise game? Or You wanted to say that UTG opened with 2.5BB which is $5? I'll continue like if it was UTG...

Let's say your stack is 100bb = $200
Table is very active, and according to you, standard opening bet is really high, it's 7,5-12,5BB, it's approx 10% for 100bb stack!!

So what do you see? 5*5 +2+1 = $28 in the pot already and 5 players who want to see the flop + unknown number of players behind you who might also join. You're holding KK, and obviously you don't want to see Ace high flop, when you see multiple callers in front of you it might mean that they're holding A-rags, nice connectors or small pocket pairs. Which decision is optimal? To isolate pot with a huge bet, so that it might look like a bluff and will force players with trashy aces and weak connectors to fold or to pay you with their weak hands being dominated. In this hand I believe that betting half of the stack or in other words $100 would be a great decision, maybe $80, maybe $120. If one player in front of you calls, then he might bluff at any flop with any hand, and if it's not A-high flop then you're calling in 100% cases, personally after investing 50% of my stack I would call with remaining 50% at any flop holding pocket Kings.

Also, since you're saying that standard opening is $15-25, then I believe that more than 1 player could call your $40 3bet, just because of the big pot, just because they're thinking that others have top cards, and their 78s will be good post-flop.

Here in Florida you can straddle on the button.
My stack was 850, his was 255.

Do you call turn shove?

Thanks

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands