Hand Review

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you conduct a hand review session? How do you choose which hands to review? What do you look for? How often do you do reviews? What are your best takeaways from your review sessions?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mainly look at my largest winning or losing hands, and I use a program called PokerSnowie to get a somewhat objective opinion about, if I played the hand correctly. I dont follow the advice of the program 100% though, because in some situations I deliberate take exploitative lines, that I think are good, against bad players.

If you dont have a program like that, you simply look at the hand with the luxury of not being on the clock and with real money at stakes, and ask yourself, if you would still have played it the same way. And if unsure, ask the opinion of others in the hand review session of for instance this forum.

As for more trivial decisions in smaller pots like preflop ranges, or when to C-bet, this is really something, you should try to learn once and for all, so you have it ingrained. It makes no sense to review exact hands to figure out, if it was a good idea to open A8o from UTG at 6-max or to C-bet it out of position on KJ4 rainbow against two opponents.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big blinds won or lost 10+ is a good place to start.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I look into my hand histories I call my friends on discord or skype...
And look hands with diferrent doubts that i've had during playing.
for example:
missed cbet on dry board; 3bet fold next to booble;

My advice: While playing save everyhand you are not sure about it and share with your poker friends or poker foruns...

I use to look for things I have not sure about it...

another examples: should I open K9o from Middle position... Should I 3bet call AQo 22bbs? and stuff like that...

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t exactly look for specific hands to review but my session in total. I go over every hand to see if there are any spots I missed, which I should’ve taken.

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you conduct a hand review session? How do you choose which hands to review? What do you look for? How often do you do reviews? What are your best takeaways from your review sessions?
I put notes on important hands in the Hold'em manager right during the session, and after the session I take them apart.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands