Hand for Hand mode

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yet another new thing I'm seeing when switching from GP-ACR Hand for Hand mode. Looking back, not even knowing what this was, I did exploit the fact that GP doesn't have this feature. Just comments sense tells you certain times when tanking your time can make a HUGE differnce, especially on the bubble.
On ACR does it go to this "Hand for hand " mode when its 3 or 4 players from the bubble, or is the timing calculated some other way?
Also is there anything someone who's never been in "Hand for hand" mode (insert joke here;)) should know?

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't figured out the exact number of players. The hand for hand play on ACR usually pops up with somewhere between 4 and 8 players from the bubble. It seems to differ slightly from tournament to tournament but I think that's likely due to screen refresh times.

I'll let someone else make a joke about your lack of "hand for hand" experience, JEasyy! :)

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Most all the tournaments I have ever played in went to hand for hand close to the bubble. I think it is the right way to stop players from stalling.

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that for the most part some players have no clue whats going on and stall anyway during hand to hand mode. I myself will gladly use the extra time to think out my plan of action so it doesn't bothr me wheter they know what they are doing or have no clue what hand to hand mode means. As others have mentioned i would think it is used when you have the amount of tables left that are equal to the bubble. Not sure just my guess but nxt time i will get a more accurate answer as to when they start it . Gl

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far 3 mtts in a row it was exactly 3 players from the bubble. But that could be a coincidence. In reality even in hand for hand mode there are times when it can be if benefit to stall. Like if you are small blind & blind go up in less then a min. Better to have them go up when you are on the button then anywhere else! (Imo)

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stalling is for cowards.

Personally, I despise intentional stalling in any situation. I'm not trying to overtly offend anyone, but there is no other way to say it. I consider stalling to be a cowardice move. Perhaps it is more beneficial to flee, but the same can be true of any situation where courage is required to win out in the long run.
People complain about those who sit out. I'm not one of them either, but at least they have the courage to let their hands play themselves (granted all the hands do is fold) rather than refuse to play hands just to get a slight advantage over other players.
The worst one I saw was on tv at a face-to-face event where the table literally had to have a floor manager stand by the table so the clock could be called on this one staller every 2 minutes exactly.

:motz::sleep:

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The logical point to start the hand for hand should vary from tournament to tournament. If there are 5 tables playing at the moment, it's a lot less likely to have someone busting than if there are 50 tables. So it would be logical to start the hand for hand with more people left to bust before to be in the money in that case.

Plus all those people stalling during the hand for hand are really stupid. If you really intend to stall (please, don't), do it right before the hand for hand, else you're not only a bad person (to stay polite), but you're also stupid.

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On ACR free rolls hand for hand starts 3 away from the bubble

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The logical point to start the hand for hand should vary from tournament to tournament. If there are 5 tables playing at the moment, it's a lot less likely to have someone busting than if there are 50 tables. So it would be logical to start the hand for hand with more people left to bust before to be in the money in that case.

Plus all those people stalling during the hand for hand are really stupid. If you really intend to stall (please, don't), do it right before the hand for hand, else you're not only a bad person (to stay polite), but you're also stupid.
Forgive me for my ignorance, but you can explain why it is so "bad and "stupid" please and thank you!

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On ACR free rolls hand for hand starts 3 away from the bubble
From what I've seen all the micro stakes mtts do the same ( 3 players). Not sure if that's across the board, or just the .10-3$ tourneys I've been playing

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am surprised, I didn't know, that there are rooms without this hand for hand mode. :eek:
But I can tell you a joke about me, I misread one time and thought the hand for hand mode is over. As I was short like hell, I pushed to read later, that now the hand for hand mode is over. :banghead:

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forgive me for my ignorance, but you can explain why it is so "bad and "stupid" please and thank you!

The point of stalling is to reduce the number of hands played in order to pay less antes and blinds in a certain period of time. People do it when it's getting close to the money and they are short, so it's going to be a close call for them and they don't want to get into any flips at that moment, cause they want to cash (min-cash).

It's "bad", cause it's disrespectful to all the other players at the table who are there to play and end up waiting for the same guy every single hand knowing that he has no intention to play anyway, but wait for his timer to be over before folding. Often they also use their time banks to do that

It's stupid for two reasons :
-Firstly, it's hand for hand, so they don't get less hands than other tables, they just make every tables wait for them, and so every player of the tournament too.
-Secondly, min-cashing is really not that big of a deal. If they have a good bankroll management, they should really be going for deep runs. To do that, they should wait for a good starting hand, shove and take the blinds or pray to win a flip (cause it's always the short stacks stalling, not the big ones). So they better fold quickly to see more hands and find a good one to shove with.

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it's ironic, that to solve the problem of stalling the game, they stall the game.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands