frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What do you prefer to play? why? Comment how you study and apply each one.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Use all your tools.

What do you prefer to play? why? Comment how you study and apply each one.

Thank U 4 Posting.

Good players use both. Why? Your play should always be Villain dependent. If I play vs a Villain that will call preflop with any pair for any size after making an open raise why would I not always 3bet all-in with AA and only AA?

If the players at my table can read hands well- use math well and are using a HUD to track me, why would I not play GTO?

Hope this helps

:):)

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is important to be able to balance. In some situations, you need to play on the GTO, but in some situations an exploit is better.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

Good players use both. Why? Your play should always be Villain dependent. If I play vs a Villain that will call preflop with any pair for any size after making an open raise why would I not always 3bet all-in with AA and only AA?

If the players at my table can read hands well- use math well and are using a HUD to track me, why would I not play GTO?

Hope this helps

How do you know if your opponents use a HUD to track you? How do you even know if your opponents use math well or not?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to know your Villains.

How do you know if your opponents use a HUD to track you? How do you even know if your opponents use math well or not?

Thank U 4 Responding.

The only way to know your Villains is Data collection. Some sites do not allow HUDS I know I can be more exploitative. If a player is using a HUD they often take time on each street to look at it so they act more slowly more often when in hands. Vs regs at mid stakes we can assume they use a HUD if they can.

If a player is good at math you will see that reflected in there bet sizing and bluff catching on specific type of boards. Of course if you are 20 tabling Villain reads at the table are very difficult but you can go through hand histories and notice patterns of certain villains. If you know the math and the villain acted correctly then you can suspect they know it too.

Remember poker is a game of imperfect data we are always assigning % to Villain's actions. 80% Villain does not use math when they make bad equity calls in obvious spots.
Such as over calling with a bad pair and a weak flush draw only to make the flush and lose to the other caller.

If on the other hand that same Villain raised that situation to get rid of the other caller then they know math even if the raise fails.
If the other caller calls that raise with less than nut flush draw Jx or Qx and only the flush draw, we know 80% that player does not know the math.

It all comes down to hours collecting data and reviewing it.

Hope this helps