"From the Ground Up" Run It Once Course

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone bought the Run It Once "From The Ground Up Course"?

I love Peter Clarke's work and am seriously thinking about buying the course, before I take the plunge I wondering if anyone else has worked their way through it and if they think it's worth it

Thanks for your thoughts!!

iBluffdaRiver

iBluffdaRiver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
following your post as well

I will be buying it today will let u know if u have it already what u think of it is it worth it or not I mean it is just 50 bucks so I dont expect no high level training !

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was very curious about this course as well, and my guess is that it's going to be worth the investment.

Anytime a well thought out course is put together that builds from basics to more advanced it's going to be a great thing to have. It's like having a strategy guide or a playbook for the game from which you can evolve your own insights.

I think you may be surprised by how advanced it just might be, there's really good stuff on the market these days that doesn't cost too much as very high level people just love teaching what they've learned.

Hope to hear your thoughts on it when you pull the trigger to make the investment.
Cheers EarnDaStack!

R

rookiekiwi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Mate,
I have done this course its not bad but quite basic so it really depends on your current level of poker knowledge, if you already understand the game, ranges, 3betting i would probably look for something else if i was you like upswing or raise your edge

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I finally pulled the trigger on it tonight. I'll let everyone know how it is but I'm already really excited at how much content is included with the 1 month essential membership that is included with the purchase.

More to come!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alright, I made it thru the course and honestly for $50 I think it's one of the best value programs out there. For anyone looking to play online cash games (especially 6-max) it's a perfect foundation.

Even as someone who's been studying and playing for over a decade, I found even getting the lingo that is popular these days to be very helpful. All in all a great investment.

Here's my review and preview video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bixMlvshfSU

I highly recommend it!

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Evan,

Wanted to thank you for the thoughtful review video. I've purchased the course and I know I won't be disappointed. I highly recommend anything Carroters does--he really is an amazing teacher (many can play, but few can teach...).

I first learned about Peter "Carroters" Clarke from the now defunct Grinderschool. He did amazing training videos (6-max cash games) and I had the privilege of recording a session with him that got added to the site catalog (about how to get started with coaching). Many of those videos can be found for free online and they are also a great resource.

As a recreational player with a full-time job and family, I haven't yet been in a situation where it has made sense to invest in 1:1 training. But if I'm ever at that point, I would absolutely look to Pete for training in 6-max cash.

I also appreciate the value-added links you provide and am really looking forward to those bonuses.

Karpundir

Karpundir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I came across this program recently and I was considering it, since the whole package at $50 seemed very reasonable.

I am currently a rec 5NL player, but looking to move up and take it more seriously as a side income (aiming for $500+/mo).