Grinded up 47$ to 102$

lolgato

lolgato

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have managed to grind up 47$ into 102$ by playing 2NL and one 25$ spin and go when I reached 75$.
Should I move up the stakes and where should I play. I'm mainly sticking to cash games I do better at them than sit and goes.

EXTREMUM

EXTREMUM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on your skill set and disposable income, if you're working with $102, I'd stick to .05/.10 or .10/.25. Preflop aggression and bluffing gets a bit extreme, starting at .25/.50 - .50/$1 or higher. Good luck.

C

CHILOWWW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
still playing with the same blind would not be advisable to climb since it has not elapsed in the game a long time with small blind

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many hands did it take you in 2nl to get to 75$

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really use any hud except jivaro. Unless there's a way to tell.

I think you should use a tracker if you're planning on taking poker seriously. Even if you don't use it for the HUD its good way to tell if you're getting lucky or if you're playing well. And when you have downswings its a good way to find out why you're having downswings. As well as track how much you've won and lost.

The reason I ask is because if it took you less than 20,000 hands to earn 25$ then you're probably on a heater. I think you should download a tracker like pokertracker or Holdem manager and see what your profit looks like over 10,000 hands, and if you see fairly consistent profit over that time period and you have the proper bankroll at that point, then move up.

I say this because my first week of online poker (like 3 weeks ago) poker I won 15bb and thought I was doing great. The next week, I lost 25bb and busted out. I wouldn't have known why I lost so much if I didn't have poker tracker and the great advice here. Point of the story is that I thought the first 15bb was skill not luck and the 25 I lost I thought was bad luck and not lack of skill. In reality the 15 I won was luck and the 25 I lost was lack of skill.

I'm not saying that's the case with you, but its good to know and I think you should stay at 2nl until you know, just my opinion. Some extra opinions on this from more experienced members would be really helpful.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome. Congratulations. Good work. Get a check, or keep going?

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woops, to clarify, in my post I meant bi (buy ins) instead of bb

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shot at 5nl unless you go below $50 in which case move back down. Don't do a $25 spin and go every again unless you deposit another $25 for it specifically haha - as a gamble.

Nice to know you're using some brm but that is one of the worst ideas you could have.

No point waiting to move up until x number of hands if you've got the roll imo, just be strict on moving down if you lose a lot of money. If you're confident of moving up, do it fast. Best to get a tracker though (asap).

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on your skill set and disposable income, if you're working with $102, I'd stick to .05/.10 or .10/.25. Preflop aggression and bluffing gets a bit extreme, starting at .25/.50 - .50/$1 or higher. Good luck.

Don't move up to 10 or 25NL.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done on the win. If you are satisfied with your winnings, why not just stay at the same level. How long, or how many sessions did you play.? Did you keep any records of your progress?

J

jelani

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive turned 80 cents into thousands in months and lost it all in weeks lol