re: Poker & Good place to start?
Originally Posted by cparker
So I know enough to start pushing/stealing when the M gets small. I used to think these peope were crazy - why is everyone pushing all of a sudden??
I used to think the same thing. Harrington on Hold'em Volume II
covers this fairly well, and drastically improved my endgame and gave me a lot more confidence head-up.
I totally agree that you should get and use PokerTracker. You can use the trial version at first, but you might as well buy it if you are serious as it is well worth the money.
As far as Vanquish's "Play 100k hands at $.01/$.02" idea... I wouldn't. Heck, I don't even have 100k hands and I've evolved from the $.01/$.02 to the $.10/$.25 tables. And I've been well rolled for the $.25/$.50 for awhile now (even after cashing out all my deposited money), but I just haven't had the motivation to move up yet.
Playing 100k hands of $.01/$.02 just seems painful.
1. Read more hours than you play each day.
2. Use PokerTracker.
3. Post some hands in the CC hand analysis section (http://www.cardschat.com/f51/).
4. Reply to some hands in ^^^^^^
5. Watch some poker videos (http://www.cardschat.com/f53/).
6. Play small limits, but move up as your bankroll dictates.
7. Move down limits quickly if moving up asplodes in your face.