Good basic strategy

M

Mcrossii1989

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need help with being a long term grinder rather than just being a hit in run artist seems I always tilt bad after losing a hand I was suppose to win mathematically

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can always sit out the rest of the orbit when that happens. Get up, walk around, and get your head straight before resuming play. That's the best way to keep off tilt: satisfy yourself that you made the right play, that you got it in good. If your opponent sucked out with a hand he had no business playing, then he made the mistake, and you'll get whatever he took off your stack back with interest.

M

Mcrossii1989

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

You can always sit out the rest of the orbit when that happens. Get up, walk around, and get your head straight before resuming play. That's the best way to keep off tilt: satisfy yourself that you made the right play, that you got it in good. If your opponent sucked out with a hand he had no business playing, then he made the mistake, and you'll get whatever he took off your stack back with interest.[/QUOTE
Your advice really helps and I thank you for responding to my posts to help me become a overall better poker player. I'm learning and its been tough on my roll lately and this really going to help

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A poker player who wants to be a winner in relatively constant must play just thinking about the long- term , If you can understand it and apply it in their game will not mind the result of a meeting, come from behind and instead of retiring to play to try to recover losses : this can be a big mistake .... If you do not concentrate as winning or losing as this may quietly pursue the true objective sought , which is always make the best decision for to earn.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You sound like a logical person. You have to remind yourself that mathematically you should win 8 out of 10 or 7 out of 10 or whatever the situation is but also you should lose 2 out of 10 or 3 out of 10 or whatever the situation is and that it is a statistical certainty that you will take your lumps at some point. So try to avoid meltdowns after it happens, we all have to take our lumps even if we play perfectly the more perfect you play sometimes the worse it hurts but it is going to happen no if's and's or but's..

M

Mcrossii1989

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

You sound like a logical person. You have to remind yourself that mathematically you should win 8 out of 10 or 7 out of 10 or whatever the situation is but also you should lose 2 out of 10 or 3 out of 10 or whatever the situation is and that it is a statistical certainty that you will take your lumps at some point. So try to avoid meltdowns after it happens, we all have to take our lumps even if we play perfectly the more perfect you play sometimes the worse it hurts but it is going to happen no if's and's or but's..

Your 100% correct that's a better way to look at it to help me from having a melt down because I have huge problem tilting after losing a hand like jj to j10 which happened to me and had sick and seeking revenge on the person who did it to me

S

splertok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bankroll management is key. If play out of bankroll losses will affect you dramatically, they'll get you to tilt.
If you can only afford to play small stakes and feel unmotivated, and feel the need to play under rolled that's bad. Don't think about the money, think about the game.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely agree with dalvinius.

If you're properly rolled for whatever level you're playing, suckouts like you're describing are a blessing. That's evidence that players at that level are playing in a way which you are actively exploiting.

If you're saying JT got in with you preflop, I don't even know what limit that is, so also there's this. You need to be honest with what you're calling a suckout. One of my close friends would tell me how 87 beat his KK/AA and how he was "supposed" to win. Then when I ask about it, the actual hand was played out in such a way I'm looking at him saying how'd you do that to yourself? Point is don't BS yourself, embrace your mistakes and learn from them.

But no need to tilt, like I said take it as a glowing beacon that you're in s profitable game, reload, and make better decisions than your opponents.