Going all in w/ ace king

ntimidatr

ntimidatr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ive seen it too many times. and seen lots AK being snapped, at ACR! what say you guys?

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK suited is a big hand.. monster.. But it's not an invincible hand! AKs vs 72s have 65% chance t0 win ;)
a319bfdc81f577ce2e1aa388314d731d.png

Last edited:
wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We know that even an AA-KK can be defeated easily, on many occasions we play these hands erroneously, and when we play correctly the variance can kill you in the same way, there are no hand invincible , at these hours it tells a lot how we see these Opportunities, and how we lose money with them, or profit,

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though AK is considered to me a monster starting hand (preflop), for myself I learned long ago that no hand is truly unbeatable until the river has come and gone. When to are staking the chips in front of you, then and only then can you say that your hand was unbeatable.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm comfortable with getting all my chips in with AK in almost all situations.

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many people underestimate the timing of a 3-bet and click back 5-bet if they 4 bet you, most will go all in here with probably 33-QQ because you have AK blockers, with the intention of snap calling the all in 6-bet. Sometimes you just have to go with it preflop, or if they don't go all in

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will take 10's-Q's anyday over AK in the hole

Cahrndz858

Cahrndz858

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-Flop AK?

Definitely a hand you can play aggressively regardless of your chip stack.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iv seen the ace king go down in flames many times, that being said, iv seen the AK take down QQ KK , AND JJ many more times than i can count. enen seen AK , take down AA. Its poker ant two cards and a seat.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always find I get beaten with AK whenever I had pocket Qs.

I have doubled up so many times with AK, it's high up there in my list of favourite hands

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive seen it too many times. and seen lots AK being snapped, at ACR! what say you guys?

Going all in with AK when you have less than 10 BB is not the same with going all in with AK on the bubble when you have a comfortable stack.

M

myuk1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK suited loses slightly heads up to any pocket pair. sooo if u are shoving with AK you probably getting a flip most of the time.

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually go all-in with AK if it is a 1-1 all-in. Against more players not so often.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful luvs going all-in with AK suited or knot lol

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big slick. Yea I go allin late in tournaments.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course any two cards are a possibility for a loss as well as a win. I find when I am short stacked I like to get AK, where I can shove. I did just the other day get called by a player with 73o and his 3 hit. He was calling and hitting with every thing and sending more than me to the rail before hand. One player was constantly cussing at him for winning a lot of hands with junk.
I also got beat by AQ with him getting the Q on the river. I should have folded and been on the final table. I as a rule don't like to mess with the chip leader, but I felt I had a good read on him and an A hit the flop. A player was already all in and instead of checking it down he went all in, I called I lost. lol

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My partner was in the final in a GUKPT, final hand was AK against pocket 3's. The 3's took it and she missed out on the trophy. Still got second prize though

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strong cards

Theese are strong cards, they don't come too easily you can push harder with this cards, but you have to take in mind that you can loose, depends on the game in your table, your opponents and your bankroll.

PogHuk

PogHuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK come often in the tournament all go to the Bank. But always win.

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume some players have no clue how to play AK post-flop and push this hand to avoid making complex decisions if they do not hit A or K. If a player in push/fold stage, then it is "no brainer".

D

dkb15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen a 62 off suit beat AA and numerous hands alike... its all luck

ankitantil

ankitantil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts