Giving up the Donk

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I played poker in 2005-2007 ish. I was decent but not great. When I came back this year and started playing a lot in July, I was guilty of "The Donk" (Not to be confused with "The Donald" well I guess if the name fits maybe it is ;-) )

But it had a purpose. One was to get used to the cards again and track my play. The other was to try and build a small bank in a free roll so I could play with some chips. I would often get into the top 50 but not the cash. Internally I knew why

It worked out "ok" I won about $40 on free rolls in 2 months, lost much back to cash games and re-buys.

I give this forum a ton of credit for helping me get better, the posts are mostly spot on and have opened my eyes to certain strat I had forgot or never knew.

So this weekend, outside of some $10 ACR free rolls, I gave up the donk. Dedicated the appropriate amount of time and tried to play smart. Patient but aggressive when appropriate. I re-instituted my fave strat of "If I am dominating you in chips....your gonna pay to see cards, no free looks."

So in 2 days so far, all free rolls w/ 2 $0.50 cents games (A 7th and a 3rd) and 2 re-buys. Neither helped but I have netted $12 and some change.

Now I am being sarcastic some by calling myself a donk. I think its an overused term and used often by people that donk as well.

You play your cards and I'll play mine

Peace

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Patient but aggressive when appropriate.

if you follow this rule, and it is the most important, in my opinion, and it is very much lacking, then everything will turn out. money will stick to your hands like honey smeared. play and you will achieve what you want. Good luck:)

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's good that you changed your game mode and it is giving you results and I support you in that term donk many players use it playing them in that way they judge many actions when they act in the same way noc if I play that way many times I am the leader in chips of the table with 7-6 same suit play all in with AK I call and I connect and they do not and they call me donk:hahaha:

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You may feel comfortable with donk, I feel comfortable being a fish. I get enough money from poker sent my way to not stop playing the game. Keep doing well, donk.