Getting through a series of bad luck

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All players have good days and bad days. There are long series of bad luck. I understand that this happens and try to take these blows with dignity. But when a series of bad luck is delayed and lasts for more than 3-4 days, honestly begins to irritate and I can no longer restrain myself. Even when I'm on a good map, it's unthinkable that I get run over. Already you start to sit down to play at the table with other feelings that now again when a good card comes you will be moved again and I will lose again. How to set yourself up psychologically for the game, when there is a long week of failure and how to get rid of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're on a heavy downswing take a few days away from the tables to critically review your hand history and seriously assess how much of the losses were because of "bad luck".

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With online cash games, I have constantly bad days. What can not be said with games on conditional chips )))

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with RJ Montanna, take a day or two to clear your head, take time away from playing poker, spend some extra time with the pet or family to get centered and study by watching some youtube videos, streams, review your hands. Bad beats happen!

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can’t learn to rest from poker when there’s money in my box office. For example yesterday lost everything accumulated since last Saturday.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All players have good days and bad days. There are long series of bad luck. I understand that this happens and try to take these blows with dignity. But when a series of bad luck is delayed and lasts for more than 3-4 days, honestly begins to irritate and I have no longer poluchaetsya restrain myself. Even when I'm on a good map, it's unthinkable that I get run over. Already you start to sit down to play at the table with other feelings that now again when a good card comes you will be moved again and I will lose again. How to set yourself up psychologically for the game, when there is a long week of failure and how to get rid of it?

There is no single answer. At such moments, I analyze my game. And I remember how I was very lucky before. And I understand that this could not last forever. Then there are various thoughts that occupy the head, but do not lead to something positive. Therefore, I try to accept both luck and failure as part of the game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also suffered from coolers, but only a few weeks, not days. And playing in such a rhythm is very difficult. Now I read more about poker and game strategies. I have not found other ways to deal with variance in online poker.
I mostly lose my hands when I’m on top (mainly because of my opponent) I know players who want to win each hand, regardless of their knowledge and experience, and I consider it unfair that, for example, they lost 88 against AA in the stack on preflop with full stacks.
My friend went hand in hand with A10o, who called a 4-bet pot with 3 opposites, lost against AA and found it unfair. And, having won the hand over the entire stack with K2o against AA, he believes that everything is in order. All this at the limit of the NL200. Moreover, a person does not even know the basics of poker theory. He also believes that he plays better than many))).
I believe that most lost hands depend on your understanding of poker, so you need to improve your knowledge and experience in poker. But onlain poker is not about that. It is controlled by the profits of the owners of poker sites, and with the help of programs they try to equalize the chances of good and bad players. In the end, rake makes them profit, they need everyone to participate in a large number of tournaments per day.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a long streak of bad luck can last for several weeks. when this happens, the most important thing is to keep playing each hand in the best possible way and not to lose control of your emotions. over the long term, the variance will not prevent you from making gains. that's why you have to play your A game and wait until luck is on your side again.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You call 3-4 days a series of bad luck?
Muahahahahahahhahahahahahha...

It's second year I have bad luck. Just few minutes ago I lost 5.50 bounty builder with A5 and flop was 234... So I got my straight at the flop. And the opponent had queens. Of course, he won me. We both went All-in at the flop, and the next two cards were hearts. So.. He got his 4-card flush. How nice :) I got 90% chances to win.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate, when I have those bad days playing cash games ,I stop playing them for a few days and only play freerolls .That helps me a lot.with confidence..

M

mrT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens but maybe good to take a break?
try to cool off and play next time nice and fresh

Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't despair. A few days outside the tables, a little sport and do things that fill your soul.
It's the best remedy !

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
3 - 4 days is a very short period of time ... we will talk when you reach 20 - 30 days of constant losses! Then you will see what psychology means! You will start reading about poker just like you did in the beginning and you will realize why you came to such bad beats!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is an easy way - to take a week break. Calm down, do some sort of favorite thing. You need to forget about everything bad. And in no case do not try to return the lost. Otherwise, you lose even more.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not be sad. Sometimes this happens to every player. It is best to take a short break in such cases. Try a few days rest from the game. Good luck.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, poker falls are almost impossible to avoid !!! They differ only in the duration and depth of the fall !!! I know only two ways to deal with this problem: just take a short break or play lower stakes !!! A good bankroll with a large supply of money will help you play more confidently !!!