Getting burned

Wiltz82

Wiltz82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in a free roll and had ace 9 and hit both on the flop sitting with 2 pair and got taken out with a pocket 6s with a 6 on the flop as well. Anyone else would of pushed on 2 pair?

F

FloppyNutzs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone quoted some statistical stats about two pair to me one time that I will never forget.

1. Two pair is the winning hand in poker.
2. Two pair is also the most losing hand in poker.

These are not trick statements and they don't contradict themselves

It is just one of those hands that looks good and normally is (see 1) and that is why for most of us it is also hard to let go.

I think I would have made same decision to go with my top two pair as well.
Especially if the flop was rainbow suits.

When you opponent has a pocket pair the odds of them flopping a set are 1:22 so when you opponent has poker pair and you flop top two you are going to be ahead 21 out of 22 times.

Keep grinding and good luck!

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just have to keep in mind the person who will make an all in call for tourney life on a draw...otherwise the 2pr is usually good

N

needcoffeesendhelp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
RounderRob is right. You keep the variance in mind, but I don't think in a real tournament you ever make the hero call. People do what they want in free rolls though. It's sometimes more like a play money tournament than a real one :/

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once i had two pairs and the other player had straight on the flop so sometimes 2 pairs is not good enough. Its poker. :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Different players can be found at the tables. And they play with any cards.