When the game is against you.

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They do not feel that sometimes the game gets against you, however good your hand, no matter how well or arrangements that have 99% chance to win at the end that 1% will destroy the game.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1% still a chance, so never get so angry. If u calculate at long time the % checks

mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I understand what you are trying to say Are you saying that sometimes you feel as though the game is against you ? Here is some food for thought if so every time you get sucked out re evaluate your play everything from your sizing and the line you took. If you are 100% happen then remember that poker is a long run game. You cant be results orientated just be happy with what you did and expect luck to run its course but also a winning player never whines about luck as they play within their bankroll and at levels they can handle the swings after all it is POKER!

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are people lucky or unlucky?

I'm going to cover a very sensitive topic here and that's whether or not people are lucky or unlucky. Most professionals live by the credo that there is no such thing as luck and that over the course of a lifetime the great hands and the horrid hands will even themselves out so the only thing that matters is the skill used to play all the average and mediocre hands. And the rules of a Gaussian distribution (i.e. the bell curve) would seem to support this hypothesis. When given an infinite number of random hands the hands received should have a large proportion in the average range with an equal number of great and horrid hands drifting off to either side. And if you're talking about dealing an infinite number of random hands to a single individual, then Gaussian distribution should come into play and the professionals should be proven correct.
However, poker is not about dealing an infinite number of random hands to a single person. it is about randomly dealing an infinite number of random hands to an infinite number of players. To accurately portray the entire poker world, you have to consider that the random hands are spread across all players randomly. This Gaussian distribution (bell curve) would also have a majority of people in the middle, but also edge cases tapering off to the left and right. The meaning of this bell curve is that the majority of players will be dealt an even number of great and horrid hands and will end up in the middle of the bell curve. But as you move away from the middle there will be players who will randomly receive more great hands than horrid hands, and an equal number of players who will randomly receive more horrid hands than great hands. It's the nature of bell curves, Gaussian distribution. Since hands are randomly distributed there will be people who receive better hands and people who receive worse hands over the course of their careers. And on the extreme ends there will be people who are very lucky and people who are very unlucky with the random distribution of the infinite number of hands.
So, although the sum total of the infinite hands would result in a bell curve which "evens itself out", the same is true of a bell curve of players receiving random hands. And in order for a bell curve of players receiving random hands to "even itself out" some players have to be very lucky and others have to be very unlucky.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that feeling only too well . It seems that no matter what you try it turns out wrong . Some times you just have to take a break . When things seem to go bad for me I usually either take a break for the rest of the day or I switch to freerolls . Good luck hope your bad runs are few and far between .

Top 10 Games