itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls this is not real poker!

...They are "lotteries" with Russians/Ukrainians/Brazilians going all-in every 2nd hand. There's so many of them that a few will luck-out and double-up 5x in a row and you have no hope of catching up to them.

**So says one forum member.
Or freerolls is the best way to learn poker at the very beginning?
Will freerolls help in learning strategies for poker or not?

Last edited:
chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freeroll can tend to learn many alot, watch the all-in players ,they shove alot of hands hoping to get all to fold, if you hit top cards ,pairs play back at them, also when u fold alot the players on the ball will just reraise you hoping for a fold, ends up u go busto.
freerolls can be a learning expeirnce

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can learn a lot from freerolls and play money games as well. No matter how bad the beginning of the freerolls, when it comes to the end only the best are left, then you can have a good gaming experience from the middle of the tournament.

Jauheni Danilenka

Jauheni Danilenka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game freerolls teaches patience and composure. It should be good to analyze the likelihood of a successful outcome, well before going all-in

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think that freerolls are taught to treat lightly to the risk?

VoukaGl

VoukaGl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
real poker starts only when you play at your, real money!) However, I must say that there is an advantage of the freerolls, if you manage to survive the first hour of the game and score a good stack then begins a completely real game!

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls this is not real poker!

it won't help you, because you get a different look what poker ist,
Freeroll Poker is a lot of gambling and coin flipping, push it all in cause you don't lose anything if you lose, but Buy in Poker is different, cause you lose your Buy in, so most of the players play more careful

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You wait 10-15 minutes, all players will leave inadequate and play your poker! initially only play with top pairs!

VoukaGl

VoukaGl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that freerolls are taught to treat lightly to the risk?

Freerolls are taught self-control and a tight game, otherwise, there is simply impossible to play!)

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reerolls play mostly beginners and tend to play very loose, which leads to frequent crossings! Weak players to rely on more than luck, but the nemenie have a chance to build your bankroll from scratch

B

BestBetG87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think freerolls are a great way to prove you can be successful at poker. First you learn most importantly that no matter how good you play a hand there is a great deal of luck involved. Second you can try out new ways to play hands in a variety of situations. Third and probably most importantly you get to deal with failure. You need to be able to play well even when you haven't had things go your way.:jd4:

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think normal freerolls are like that.
But the CC freerolls are alot better, since 20% is paided and not 1% like in another freeroll.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The real poker starts after the first break says Playful

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i won my first freeroll in jan 2003 on acr won 3k and had to sports bet it 3 times so won 5000 by that time.

This funded my entire poker history till recently made a couple of small deposits in tune of 25 and 40 on two sites.

Is interesting all the negative on freerolls i play everything from freerolls to 20 dollar events and I see some dumb things in both.

Freerolls absolutely can help your game it helps my backroll. I tend to get into some wicked variance at times cannot win races ahead not coin flips i mean dominate ones and freerolls during that time keep my bankroll ok. I play a few rooms at a time to help with the variance. I mix up the buy ins and games and do focus on bigger winnings etc.. yet to play 3 hour freerolls at same time your grinding 5 hour late regs really helps imho :) Good luck

phazeds

phazeds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls have taught me a lot... Yes the start of them you get very many weird odd people throwing chips around. The later stages of the freerolls are players trying to win just as hard as you.

I am constantly trying to learn more on how to adapt to more situations.
Poker is full of them. :)

I

illind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are free. that said, you have the all in donks etc. they teach you to play tight or miss a hand like i just did, but no worries...once you get to say 50-100 people then you can kind fo judge your game.

V

v_moshun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think you can learn something only stay in game 2-3 hour.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you get out of freerolls what you put into them. If you focus and practice making good decisions you can improve. If you get frustrated and let emotions take over, they will hurt your game.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes lucky is more important than skill, that is one function that freeroll can teach.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls cautiously at first til all the donks get out of the way and leave real players. Take it slow and concentrate and be patient. U can learn from them.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think freerolls are a great way to learn the game and gain experience with tournament formats, strategies, and rules. A great way to learn how a tournament is played and how the game changes when you reach the bubble and run deep. I found it helped me a lot playing in bigger tournaments and having to negotiate deep fields. Something you don't find in home games.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I disagree with that quote that freeroll is not real poker.

Anyways, I would not say it is the best way to learn poker but it is a good way to learn simply because it will not cost you any money to play while you get exposure to how a tournament typically works.

Typically you play one game (such as holdem) and the basic rules of the game do not change. However bare in mind it is still a tournament normally played among multiple tables. There may be 1000 people but potentially only 50 spots available to be paid off. As a tournament, you would get exposed to certain things you would not find in a cash game: such as getting the same chips everyone, chips not counting as money but ammo, the blinds increasing after a period of time and people getting knocked out with no re-buy allowed. May be harder to win then a sit and go style (1 table for example with 3 payouts) but at least it is not costing you any money like it would be at a sit and go.

In time you could develop your own strategy but it would not hurt to know a bit of strategy before going in if you want to survive a multi-table tournament of any type free roll or not.

D

dwat919

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls are a great way to learn the game and gain experience with tournament formats, strategies, and rules. A great way to learn how a tournament is played and how the game changes when you reach the bubble and run deep. I found it helped me a lot playing in bigger tournaments and having to negotiate deep fields. Something you don't find in home games.

+1
I think they greatly help with understanding deep format tournament structures. You do, however, have to outlast the portion of players that are shoving every time they see and Ace.

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do not get serious freerolls,and rely on the prize money.Freeroll main thing is to survive the first minute,when many people come in almost all dealings.Typically, such players quickly fly and there are those who play it seriously...

Freeroll Passwords