Freeroll Wars: No Foldem Holdem

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first step in success in free rolls is game recognition. You are playing in a game where "most" opponents do not fold. What does that mean?

1: The average winning hand will be two pair or better by the river.:eek:

2: Reading players becomes incredibly difficult:

:10d4: :5h4: :2h4: :2s4: your hand :kd4: :kh4: vs 3 Villains Who has what?

3: Bet sizing skills are incredibly important for skilled play.

Just a few thoughts to help you to start to think about the skill of playing in wild games.:2in1:

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first step in success in free rolls is game recognition. You are playing in a game where "most" opponents do not fold. What does that mean?

1: The average winning hand will be two pair or better by the river.:eek:

2: Reading players becomes incredibly difficult:

:10d4: :5h4: :2h4: :2s4: your hand :kd4: :kh4: vs 3 Villains Who has what?

3: Bet sizing skills are incredibly important for skilled play.

Just a few thoughts to help you to start to think about the skill of playing in wild games.:2in1:

I don't know where you're going with this but the point from number 1 about best hand being 2 pairs or better on river was interesting. TIL i guess

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ideas to discuss

I don't know where you're going with this but the point from number 1 about best hand being 2 pairs or better on river was interesting. TIL i guess

Thank you for your interest in my post.
Each point is just a starter point for further discussion. Like the average hand point. Hopefully people will reflect on how they play single pair hands in free rolls. Then they might connect point 3 by thinking about river bet sizing.

Further I am posting all under the main title of "Freeroll Wars" with subtitles like Tilt

You may wish to also think about how Tilt could occur in reference to point one and two You may tilt when you lose to some weird two pair combo. You might question your play for not knowing your opponents. When in reality multiple players playing any two cards to the river is crazy hard to make precise range reads.

I will be continuing to add depth as I go. Please ask questions and I will do my best to answer or point you to where you might find the answer.

Thanks again for participating.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little more detail.

K K favorite

Thank you for posting.

The KK is only a favorite if it is not already losing. 3 villains in a free roll any two cards are possible, any action by villains also possible. One player shoves another calls are you sure your the favorite. No way you could be sure. If you call and lose to two full houses do you get upset? What if you fold and both players have A10? Do you go on tilt?

Recognizing the difficulty of that kind of situation and not reacting overly emotionally to either choice (call or fold) will help you be a stronger player.

Thanks again for posting

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone shoves on that board and another calls.. KK is no good. Set of 2s probably not good. KK plays best heads up. In a multiway pot I wouldnt have much faith in them.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll if I hold KK or AA then my move is to get involved with max 2 players. If I have enough chips to absorb a bad beat then I raise around 3x but If my stack is shallow then it is a shove or 5x to 6x raise which depends upon position.

Folding in Poker Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules