FreeRoll madness...

Jazzu1988

Jazzu1988

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good day, all.

Just had a hand what i feel like i want share here to investigate more and see what you think about it as a FreeRoll hand and some decant tournament hand.

https://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=224101&stc=1&d=1543585875

4rd hand i had so far in tournament and had a brilliant start with nice river so my stack was decant to limp with hand like this!
- Well i did so!

https://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=224103&stc=1&d=1543585875

Flop was decant 2 low pairs 3rd to Value perfect i tought.

- So BB All in i guess He is A, K hand so high pair. ( decant for me )
- next all in also i was ok it must be just FreeRoll ( cant be all legit A, K or so )
- So one of them has hand another one must be some of low pairs 7 or 9 i guess....

After all - I take action to call cause, cant see why i should not risk in FreeRoll...

Some decant tournament i guess for K K hand at least one of them and another one A, A or somthing like that at least decant Ac with any other c...
So here im to Call it.

https://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=224105&stc=1&d=1543585875

- Ok now is the best SB go Raise i cant believe this hand what so ever...
I`m sure some has K, K must have but as its FreeRoll maybe all has one K i hope lol and call for sake of Fun.
Money tournament i Fold 100% as its only start of tournament.

https://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=224111&stc=1&d=1543585875

After turn i just hope on 7 or 9 not club and sure i add that silly bet there...

https://www.cardschat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=224113&stc=1&d=1543585875

- Ok here i was with mouth open, right only about BB just hes King and bad luck on guy with 9,9. ( thought as K, K)

what you think about FreeRoll betting all in % and what would you do - and why?

Attachments

• poker2.jpg
    poker2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 42
  • poker1.jpg
    poker1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls certainly can allow one to play loose.

I'd shove on that.

Also being WPN ACR, you get two more tries on each FR.

I usually am loose on the first 2, and then tighten up if I have to try a third time.

Jazzu1988

Jazzu1988

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls certainly can allow one to play loose.

I'd shove on that.

Also being WPN ACR, you get two more tries on each FR.

I usually am loose on the first 2, and then tighten up if I have to try a third time.

Yea well that`s what i was thinking :thefinger better than All in first hand :D

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should be clear though, SOME freerolls on ACR / WPN can be re-entered on the other two WPN's - but a lot of proprietary third party are strictly ACR.

And that's an entirely different issue too- how might having 3 entries to a FR affect game play. Surely the last of the 3 must be the most serious play, but an argument could be made to play out all 3 as good and conservative as possible.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 9 off ???

OK, you have position but that's about it...

And 2 all-ins on that flop should alarm you...
Pretty obvious there's a set out there...

This hand could have been an easy fold with no regrets preflop. Would have saved you around 2700 chips.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is pretty obious that someone has a set its just a matter os time that you will knw it.

T

tymons_87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
firts it was family pot. you recive no information and range of their hand is from 72 to AA becouse this is freeroll and sometimes that kind of tours can finish in buls*&t all in in first hand

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually find with freerolls it's stupid crazy for a while then it slows down to something resembling thoughtful play. The trick is to make it through that initial phase. That requires discipline and A WHOLE LOT OF LUCK!

I haven't been playing a lot of freerolls lately but when I do I only manage to place 1 in 10 (maybe 15) or so. A lot of that has to do with the fact that the payouts are so heavily weighted towards the top few positions that I don't really see the point in placing any lower. I would say that's just me, but the way people play these in the early stages it really seems that a lot share my opinion.

it is pretty obious that someone has a set its just a matter os time that you will knw it.
Usually I would agree, but yesterday I made a call simply because the pot ended up being so big (and if I didn't win that hand I was likely going to be too short to recover), only to find that the bet was a complete bluff. That doesn't happen often, but it definitley does happen.

Last edited:
Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a simple fold pre-flop. Problem solved.

You're unfortunate that you hit a bit of a monster flop and find yourself 2nd best, but ultimately, you got yourself in a horrible position by playing a poor hand in a multi-way pot and getting married to it despite lots of action in front of you.

Poor play from start to finish.

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are always fun with stuff like this