Which Form of Poker?

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start out thinking about playing poker, you have to settle on a specific type of which there are many. Forget the rest, chose the best - Holdem. Why holdem you may ask? There are several reasons for this decision. For one it is rapidly becoming the most popular poker game, all over the world. It is fast paced and easy and quick to learn, although the subtleties of the game take a long time to learn.Because holdem uses five community cards, more people can play, but is limited to ten, because of practical reasons. It is a game that can be profitable for a player who takes the time to get to know the game and make correct decisions constantly

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you think about omaha? i think if you are good with probabilities you can be above the average more easily

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
NL Holdem is the main game around here but folks play & enjoy many other games, Omaha, razz, 2-7. Site even sponsors free rolls in some of the other games now & then.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you start out thinking about playing poker, you have to settle on a specific type of which there are many. Forget the rest, chose the best - Holdem. Why holdem you may ask? There are several reasons for this decision. For one it is rapidly becoming the most popular poker game, all over the world. It is fast paced and easy and quick to learn, although the subtleties of the game take a long time to learn.Because holdem uses five community cards, more people can play, but is limited to ten, because of practical reasons. It is a game that can be profitable for a player who takes the time to get to know the game and make correct decisions constantly

Hmm. Now would your opinion be fixed limit, pot limit, or no limit?
Heads up, sit n go, MTT, or cash game?

Jhon Lozano

Jhon Lozano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the end it's just a matter of practice and comfort, but going from the simplest to the most difficult is a great option.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My preference is for no limit all types. Players should play for enjoyment and play at the limit of their experience.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Holdem by the number of players and tournaments, the tournament grid is good and STG too

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You are right, but for live play I've heard PLO is quite profitable. But I have no desire to play live poker myself, even online I only play micro stakes.