Folding pocket aces !?

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before you call me crazy, let me say I've had some experience with this already.

First, (pre-flop) the odds most people quote for pocket aces being so good assume you're heads up. If you're not, your chances of survival will drop. This is the time to consider letting your aces go.

This also implies a lot about your position. How can you ensure you'll be heads up against an opponent? You have to be the last to act. This is the only way to guarantee some other player won't join in the fun, ruining your chances for taking the pot.

Post-flop folds are easier to figure out. Just watch the bets your opponent is making and ask yourself why. Chances are they have something, and you need to figure out what that is, and whether or not your aces will hold up. Whatever you do, don't make the mistake of chasing your aces through to the river, just for the sake of it. Make sure you aren't running into the better hand if you're going that far.

Anyway, I recommend you start preparing yourself for time when you need to consider folding aces. And, I'd love to hear responses to this post; whether you agree or not, it's cool. I love hearing from other CC members! :)

Good luck to you all at the tables! :D

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I will not be ashamed, if I folded my pocket AA's.

Although AA's are the biggest pre-flop favorite.. There remains a small percentage that dares them to lose at a time. There remains a small percentage, that makes them to look losers .

So far I have not seen a 100% win for pocket AA's pre-flop.

:)

theman2017

theman2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in preflop with aces every time. Never back down just shove

theman2017

theman2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you ever slow play aces you will get them cracks really quick

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with the person up top

they said to shove and 9 times out of ten hes right the only exception is when youre at a tight table and you only get value by betting steadily and slowly but the trouble there is if they hit a 2 pair or better obviously you are going to lose the hand but apoart from that those are the ways that i would play it

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Immediately I remembered this unbelievable badbeat in the buy-in tournament with $ 1,000,000.:eek:

untitled-3.jpg

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always always shove aces i have had pretty bad experiances if i let people see the flop if i have aces,atleast when you shove someone can fold,and they might have hit a set or a straight,and most often than not you are going to win the pot with pocket aces

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There is a reason behind this I believe, it wasn't advantageous for him to play anymore.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just in case of a sattelite where you have such a big stack you are (very closely) assured you'll win a ticket.

Though, I can understand people folding it when playing a game far above their roll and being close to a significant laddering-up amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before you call me crazy, let me say I've had some experience with this already.

First, (pre-flop) the odds most people quote for pocket aces being so good assume you're heads up. If you're not, your chances of survival will drop. This is the time to consider letting your aces go.

This also implies a lot about your position. How can you ensure you'll be heads up against an opponent? You have to be the last to act. This is the only way to guarantee some other player won't join in the fun, ruining your chances for taking the pot.

Post-flop folds are easier to figure out. Just watch the bets your opponent is making and ask yourself why. Chances are they have something, and you need to figure out what that is, and whether or not your aces will hold up. Whatever you do, don't make the mistake of chasing your aces through to the river, just for the sake of it. Make sure you aren't running into the better hand if you're going that far.

Anyway, I recommend you start preparing yourself for time when you need to consider folding aces. And, I'd love to hear responses to this post; whether you agree or not, it's cool. I love hearing from other CC members! :)

I totally agree and have folded pocket Aces bc of your thinking.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only reason to ever fold pocket aces is money. But even then it's very situational. Giving up on potentionally doubling up your stack size has to have a very good reason.

E

ewoods22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would never fold

i would never fold

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

No don't fold your aces as you can see from the attached image if your bb and are facing an mp2 and button standard range your still miles ahead preflop

Attachments

• 15531916714711437977862481105236.jpg
    15531916714711437977862481105236.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

yes i agree with you ....the amount of times i have seen aces lose preflop is probably the same amount of times i have seen them win...............for me there is no strongest hand preflop...........................................:ciao:

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only time I would consider folding aces, is when it is on the bubble for a ticket to a huge buy in, or for a big pay jump.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding Aces preflop? Absolutely on Crack. No way in hell. SorrynotSorry but only somebody that would be interested in buying left handed screwdrivers would fold aces preflop. Im talk Cash Games and Cash Tourneys No freerolls. So If you are the very tight player folding Aces preflop, Ive got some investments that you should take a look at ..HUGE turnarounds with only a small Investment of $10,000 a month.

Post Flop , Of Course I can fold Aces if I know the players range or even thought his range could damage me on the flop.

Turn - Again if the cards are scary I can see my self folding...

And of course the River ...Same as above.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they said to shove and 9 times out of ten hes right the only exception is when youre at a tight table and you only get value by betting steadily and slowly but the trouble there is if they hit a 2 pair or better obviously you are going to lose the hand but apoart from that those are the ways that i would play it

I have seen a slow played AA get beat by 99 making a set on the river.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against 4 other players it's still a call

Attachments

• 1553192566259948929802231060826.jpg
    1553192566259948929802231060826.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 17
B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you hold A;A, your only concern should be how to set a trap and win as much chips as you can. Even if I would play on live tournament on the bubble I probably wouldn't fold aces, but it is difficult to say when you can win money

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am deepstacked, I will not shove allin preflop with AA. I will raise 5X or 3bet a raise. This helps to get it heads up. If I happened to see the flop with 2 other villains, I will raise large or 3bet again to get heads up. If shortstacked, shove every time, or sometimes shove on flop no matter what is there. The reason I place these options is that at some tables, you won't get any value on pre-flop shoves with AA. You might get better value on slow play or post flop shove with multiple villains in pot. I have shoved preflop before and got 8 calls! family pot on all-in. not a comfortable feeling. When you have lots of calling stations or lots of players trying to get it all in, or lots of players too timid to bet, you should slow play, and be ready to fold situationally.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant remember me folding aces but im sure that sometimes its the right thing to do :)

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That loose cannon was crazy for folding preflop.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only times I would consider folding aces pre-flop would be if it's the bubble for a cash/payjump or for a satty, otherwise I'd always be comfortable letting it rip.

F

filsoum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just lost an all in ( after rasing 5BB) with AA against 55 with a 5 on the river. Luckely just a freeroll

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just lost an all in ( after rasing 5BB) with AA against 55 with a 5 on the river. Luckely just a freeroll

See that's just bad luck your an 80% favourite when you get it in against 55

Folding in Poker