Flopping the Nuts

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you've flopped the nuts, how do you usually proceed?

Last edited by a moderator:
gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do everything possible so that the well will grow

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to maximize my profits, obviously, but I still have to play conservatively so as not to scare off the competition, but if there are possibilities of better hands depending on the turn or river, such as flushes or straights, I may play more aggressively.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your opponent but I usually slowplay it to keep them in the hand. If they lead out sometimes I'll call but if the board is a little scary like they could be drawing to a flush that will beat my straight I might reraise.

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try my best to disguise my hand, make it look like I'm either on a draw on have something weaker like top pair. I generally try not to fire too heavy if it checks to me and I'm in position so I make it look like I'm just throwing out a c-bet, I'll usually get a call or two and if I'm in position and the turn in a dud with no other draw options then I'll go ahead and check as well, hoping someone fires on the river and then I'll throw out a small re-raise and I'll generally get a call, maybe two. If someone was betting heavy pre and post then I'll usually bet heavy as well.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep in mind I seldom follow my own advice, but normally after the flop if I have the nuts I would make a small bet to keep as many players in as possible(if I truly had the nuts) and hope someone sences weakness and moves all in. If not do the same on the river.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to build the pot. Like earlier this week, playing live tourney, I flop set is J's, early position bets 600 into about 1000 chip pot, another in hand calls, I raise to 1600, getting both to call, now I have a 6k pot, after both check I bet 6k, only 1 calls, perfect. Let's just stop now..... Ok, he rivers flush, damn it, forget all that, just jam the nuts immediately

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on our position. If we're blind to it or quietly playing slow playing the flop playing the check call on the turn play a check-call on the river look at the rates of opponents. If we are on the button then look at the activity of opponents to us if no one calls then we can check the flop, on the turn if nobody raises then make a small bet of 40-60% pot on the river put 60% or all-in.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Build the pot..

If you have it, build the pot, depending on possible outs, and the stack sizes, tendencies of others at table.
Maximize your profit, but be careful not being too aggressive on the early streets.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do everything in the same way as everything. With the threat of a flush or a straight, I raise more for protection. If I don't threaten the flop and the turn, then I am not active.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if a player is aggressive, then nothing needs to be done, he will do everything for you, but if the player is passive, you just have to call to allow the player to collect some hand !!! Sometimes I bet about 40-45% of the bank in order to provoke an opponent to bluff !!!