This Fish

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, my playing style now essentially mimics a fish. I don't win often, but I do hit the money or win a ticket every so often. I play this way because it is way more fun to be in tons of hands and lose than it is to sit and play for a few good hands and win. So, my question is, would anyone call it unethical to intentionally play like a fish and win?

R

Rockacon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say it's unethical to play badly for fun. Would definitely be poor sportsmanship if you play badly and then rub it in when you do win, and it might be a little messed up if you take pleasure in other people getting unlucky, but there's nothing unethical about giving away your money for fun!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's called reverse bum hunting at higher levels.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as there are players like you, online poker will never die). play in your style as much as possible, and also tell me what discipline you play and at what limits):icon_cycl

R

Rockacon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's called reverse bum hunting at higher levels.
It sounds like reverse bum hunting is more like pretending to be bad at first and then playing better once someone starts targeting you, which also just sounds similar to hustling. This guy sounds like he is just playing less than optimally to see more action, just for fun.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t like a fish They linger too long on the table they smell Fish gets eaten up by whales. Fish lose over the long getm

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played this way after losing every Freeroll for two months ..in my best game I'll still move) is going to play like a fish on a regular basis is impossible,prefer to play in freerolls where you play for 10,000 people

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theirs nothing wrong with playing how you want, playing for fun is always a good thing.. Although as others have said as long as you're not obnoxious about it if you win but gracious in victory it's all good.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It sounds like reverse bum hunting is more like pretending to be bad at first and then playing better once someone starts targeting you, which also just sounds similar to hustling. This guy sounds like he is just playing less than optimally to see more action, just for fun.
You're correct. I think I just skimmed the original post when I made the reference to reverse bum hunting. In the OP's case, if playing like a fish is fun then that's a good thing for the poker community.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
everyone can play poker however they want ... after all it will be their money that is at stake ... now ... if you do it for fun and you have a lot of money I imagine that it would not cause you any problems if end of the day you end up losing ... but for someone like me ... that my intention is to win I would never play like a fish ... since the result would be to lose my money ..!

D

Dmarques1989

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No fish style please

So, my playing style now essentially mimics a fish. I don't win often, but I do hit the money or win a ticket every so often. I play this way because it is way more fun to be in tons of hands and lose than it is to sit and play for a few good hands and win. So, my question is, would anyone call it unethical to intentionally play like a fish and win?

When you are playing with your own money, you have the right to pick your own style. But in my opinion there is no point of doing it. You will loose more times than you will win. It is better to try to learn how the players at your table play. I trying to understand the simple rules of the game. I used to play like that at the beginning and the only time it was worth it was in a spin and go from pokerstars, with 15$ I made almost 1500$. For me what is working now is playing only good hands no more fishing .

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is a strategy or principle of the game and mislead opponents, why not.Question: what next?..If there are no big pluses...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he is always advised to play at his best level. There are already enough factors that are playing against you and that can make you lose. Playing fish can be considered at the beginning of tournaments to induce other players in error on your real poker level.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me wise to avoid conflitting as much as possible even in poker .... to sit and wait while everyone around is sorting out the relationships at the table ... and you play your game.

what's the point in useless movements

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there's a constant right way to play, but that's just my opinion. I open all my MTTs aggressively but scale back if I'm able to get a stack. I get to play longer more often this way, so I've found so far. You're probably on the right track in a general sense but you need to be open to a dynamic approach to the table and other players.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong with it, from time to time pretend to be a fish, then show your pirana/shark teeth and take the chips.
You'll find many posts complaing about players entering a hand with very questionable cards, but when they hit the flop, it pays of big, especially against less experienced players.
In poker quality is easy: if you win it's good, if you lose it needs improvement.

K

kraurwhite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online you can win with anything especially at pokerstars . However if you play like a fisherman because you get bored try playing more tables at the same time and be a little tighter. I play for fun and get bored playing one table

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate playing fish and cursing people like that. An illogical game always harbors anarchy. If there was anarchy in the world, then you and I would not live on the planet. Such a game will never be adopted by the pros. She obviously losing.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play for fun.
So if you like your style of play and your results, then that's great.
Personally, I like the math of poker, I like to win, like scoring points by participating in various freerolls rating, like a school of poker, etc. ...
Poker is just a game, but the game should be fun.