Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SB (11BB)

BB (13bb)
CO (64bb)
BTN (22bb)

I am huge chipleader ,final , 4 left.

I have 55 CO. Which option is better. To shove, or minraise?

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bully them with raises, and when you hit the nuts bet the size of their stacks, eventually they're going to pissed of your bully and will call soon or later

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My option would be to bet about 7BB. You're forcing everyone into deciding to fold or call with 50% or more of their stack. Essentially, you're forcing them to shove/fold and you'd probably have a race edge at least. The point is, with that big of a lead and with that few players left you want people shoving on you. Maybe if someone doubles up and you're lower you wouldn't, but you want to be taking people out in that situation.

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take advantage of your chips with heavy raises and continuation bets.Keep going and soon you´ll be number one.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think shoving all the time is a good idea because not too many worse hands than 55 are going to call you unless frustration sets in and players loosen up. I like a raise between 3 - 5 BBs and that way if one stack shoves for 10BB - its an easy call VS a stack who shoves 22BB, then maybe just be best to fold the 55 and not unnecessarily risk 33% of your stack.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think shoving all the time is a good idea because not too many worse hands than 55 are going to call you unless frustration sets in and players loosen up. I like a raise between 3 - 5 BBs and that way if one stack shoves for 10BB - its an easy call VS a stack who shoves 22BB, then maybe just be best to fold the 55 and not unnecessarily risk 33% of your stack.

Yup. Well said. Totally agree.
To mix up you can fold or shove maybe 10-15% each.
Majority of the time- vast majority- this is spot on.
Min raise? Eh, nah. Dont like it. Flatting also out.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB (11BB)

BB (13bb)
CO (64bb)
BTN (22bb)

If your stack is 64bb and closest is 22bb, then the best option by my opinion is to start typing the numbers for bet amounts. don't bet 3-4-5 or 3.5-4.5 bbs, bet 35718 chips if blinds are 5-10K for example.
- Your average bet size is 3.5 to 5.5bbs depending on your position.
- Your range is very loose, you fold only J4os and such.
- 55 is a monster hand in your case.
- minraise or shove are not a good options at all.
- bet 3.5612BBs when small stack has BB, bet 4.9713BBs when bigger stack has blind.
Second stack wants smaller stacks to lose and to play HU against you, smaller stacks want others to lose and win more money, they will be folding hands like JK, A7 and so on just because of their expectations, that's why raising 25-40% of average opponent stack with almost any hand is a very good option. They are ok with you winning the first place, at this stage all 3 of your opponents want to win 3rd or second place, so most probably they will wait for others to make mistake.
Minraising or limping is a terrible mistake here, don't let them see a free or cheap flop. It doesn't matter at this stage what image at the table you've got. Your stack is your image. Opponents are thinking about profit, they will make only EV+ moves, and even if your 4bb raise with Q7 was covered with 11bb all-in and opponent has AK or even AA, it's still is a easy call even if you know that you're behind.

But I'll believe that in such situation you'll collect plus 8-15bbs easily by raising with any two during next several deals, before opponents will realise that they have to start acting or they will be blinded out. In my past experience I had several final tables being a big chipleader and i raised every hand during 10-15 deals and everyone simply folded. Why? People are greedy you know. They all want a bigger win and they don't want to lose right now, cause losing 40 minutes later is much more profitable, thats why they start playing tighter game, you can sit there being scared of losing your stack and minraising with a pair or going all-in to defend it, or simply exploit their fears and swallow their stacks by betting a solid % of their stack with any two. Works well.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB (11BB)

BB (13bb)
CO (64bb)
BTN (22bb)

It all depends on the game of opponents and payments in the tournament. If you feel that your game level is higher than your opponents can not shove.