Feedback on preflop ranges

rari458

rari458

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Cardschat,

I recently started using a preflop "cheat sheet" from online and decided it would be interesting to make my own, and go more in-depth than the readily available diagrams I could find online.

As a preface, I'm looking for advice on how you think this would perform over-all, although I think this would mostly apply to micro stakes cash games (where I spend most of my time). Any constructive criticism is welcome, even if it's just saying I've wasted my time :p

To cut down on the number of diagrams, I split a regular full ring table into 3 positions as follows

Early : Small blind, Big blind, UTG
Mid : UTG+1, UTG+2, Lojack
Late : Hijack, Cutoff, Dealer

Raising
The first image illustrates 3 ranges for an initial raise when it is either checked or folded to me. I would raise with the standard 3-4BB.

Here are the percentages I am raising for each position, followed by the overall average:
Early - 15.2%
Mid - 18.6%
Late - 25.2%

Overall: 59/3 = 20%

Calling a bet:

The second image shows my calling ranges. These are the hands that I would call a standard 3-4 BB bet. The furthest left diagram is my hand selection when someone in an early position bets, etc.
Seeing that my raising range is fairly narrow and a bit tighter than what I've seen online, my calling percentages aren't much lower than what I would be raising with.

Here are the percentages I am calling a bet from, depending on which position bet, followed by the overall average:
Early - 14.3%
Mid - 17.6%
Late - 23.1%
Overall : 55%/3 = 18%

Re-Raising

Finally, the third image shows the hands that I would be re-raising, depending on which position made the initial bet. Once more, the furthest to the left shows my re-raising for an initial bet from someone in early position.

Here are the percentages I am re-raising from, depending on which position bet, followed by the overall average:
Early - 3.9%
Mid - 6.9%
Late - 9.2%
Overall: 20/3 = 7%

After all this, the total average percentage I would be playing comes to a total of 15 %.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this

Attachments

• First to raise.jpg
    First to raise.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 28
  • calling a raise.jpg
    calling a raise.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 31
  • 3 betting.jpg
    3 betting.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 30
Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info! Value of the hands in their positions helps a lot the players who intend to live from poker. we are together.
😎👊

ShinGraze

ShinGraze

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just put the question out there – do you really want to play poker this mechanically? Is there room for reading the table dynamic and adjusting to individual players and the action that has just unfolded?

I used to use a similar system playing cash a few years ago, but I found that if anything it stunted my growth as a poker player. Just my opinion but good luck and let us know how you go after a decent number of hands.

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah this seems like really good standard play to try out, I'm really interested to see how it turns out and subscribed! Keep us updated if you follow through and stick to it seems like a very cool experiment if you can abide by it.

As for advice I'm not really sure, just like ShinGraze said above being that mechanical may stunt your growth and not let you adapt and may just be boring even!! But I think it is worth testing it out!

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a bit tight. You should definitely open more from the button.
But you'd have to polarize your ranges a bit depending on the table.
I cant really classify the images to positions because it's not clear enough so can't answer exactly

rari458

rari458

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies and advice, I will loosen up opening from the button and throw in some polarizing hands.

After some tweaking I will lay out the plan to test it out. I'm thinking 2-tabling zoom at .01/.02 stakes until I start to remember the ranges more, and then increasing the number of tables.

What would be considered a good sample size of hands to evaluate the effectiveness of the strategy?