Favourite Book about Poker

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m not talking strategy or text books, but what is your favourite book about poker, that could broadly fall within the category of literature?

I thought Victoria Coren’s For Richer or Poorer was excellent, but for pure literary style, Al Alvarez’s The Biggest Game in Town tops my list.

Tr0pik

Tr0pik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Mental Game of Poker: Proven Strategies for Improving Tilt Control, Confidence, Motivation, Coping with Variance, and More

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would probably have to be any of the 3 poker books that I have written :D

Alright seriously though. I like old school poker books that tell stories about what it was like before the poker boom. One of my favs is "Ace on the River" by Barry Greenstein.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite book is "Secrets of professional tournament poker" written by Jonathan Little - my favorite Poker-Pro. I reread it at least 3 times because it is very useful for improving the game. (for MTT)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like all the books about Poker, I love to read! Your poker worst enemy and your poker favorite friend! And Stories from the life of Branson!

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t read books, but I think that every poker player could write his own poker history book, for example, how poker has changed life for the better or for worse.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I have been playing poker for about two years and in that time I have only read two books. I read Ed Miller's book "Texas Hold'em for Beginners" and a month ago I finished reading the book of Jared Tendler's "Poker: The Game of the Mind". I think the book "Poker: The Game of the Mind" was really helpful to me. This is evidenced by my results.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find The Bible to be an excellent source of information, whatever the topic

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I can recommend you a good book:
"The Easy Game" - Andrew Seidman.
I think this book will be useful for you.
Good luck.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of books but not everyone is useful
sometimes authors of books write not in favor of readers[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
favorite and the best Super System

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Recently, I started reading Ed Miller's book, "Texas Hold'em for Beginners". I hope that with this book I will be able to improve my game.