Fastplaying

T

theimd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any value in playing really fast (ONLINE) like making your decisions instantly and only slowing down when raised. Does it throw opponents off their game or intimidate them making them do more mistakes while you are maintaining an edge?

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any value in playing really fast (ONLINE) like making your decisions instantly and only slowing down when raised. Does it throw opponents off their game or intimidate them making them do more mistakes while you are maintaining an edge?

Not that I'm aware of. This is usually a tell. An insta-check frequently indicates that the player has given up and you can steal from him with absolutely nothing. This is especially true if he's playing more than one table. Insta-calls mean a mediocre hand: too good to fold, but not good enough to raise. You might be able to steal after seeing this if your opponent isn't a 'station.

I frequently hesitate even if there's no reason to so's to avoid giving off this particular tell.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In an MTT probably not but over a long session at a cash table with a few regs and if you have timing tells they will recognize them and exploit you.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Like just about all things in poker.... sometimes.

T

theimd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In an MTT probably not but over a long session at a cash table with a few regs and if you have timing tells they will recognize them and exploit you.

This happens against strong players, Thanks for your reply :)

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In MTTs I like to sometimes wiat a few seconds more evne though I know what I will do and sometimes I makes decisions faster. It's all about getting the table image I want.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes act quickly to test this theory, i find a lot of folds to my instant c bet and instant turn bet. When i play normal and think the hands out i get called a lot on c bets. It's in the air tho no results are official but situational.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find I have much better luck mixing up my play style and keep my opponents guessing. I will sometimes snap bet or call, and other times I will use all my clock. I also try to mix the size of my bets so its harder for them to figure out.:D:D

Tanvir Mahmud

Tanvir Mahmud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is an advantage if you play really fast like crazy mad man and call every hand and bluff so your opponent will take you as a bluffer and when you have a actual hand if you play like crazy your opponent will can because he will think you are bluffing again :p :joyman:

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was a video that tells us about pokerstars inside....that one tells that every second that we waste to make a move means "another card that will be drop into the action". soo...its random and we can't change nothing , but we know if we wait 5 seconds to check back in turn will means another card in turn, that if we insta-check there :)
here it is

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mix it up. Especially if you have history with your opponent or play vs regs at a certain stake. Sometimes checking quickly after a scare card could result in opp to stab at the pot. That's a good time to tank/raise and confuse him/her.

But I try to keep my decisions consistent. Unless I have a huge decision on a big pot or late in a tournament then I will really put some thought into it.

stoke

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes iagree with first post it might be a bit teling if you take your time they ill think hmmmmmm he has a hand he is actually having to debate

C

CardDead711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand all the different strategies involved with how much time you take to make your decision in a hand your "involved" in. But, if your going to fold, then just fold. No need to wait X seconds every time before you fold, just fold and keep the game moving. This is especially true pre-flop, your not giving anything up if you fold quickly. If you have something to think about, then by all means take your time, but most of the time you know your going to fold way ahead of the time the action gets to you.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried to use 5 second pause before each bet, consistency and pondering effects. But I usually just click fast and it probably gives away my hold cards.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think it depends on your opponent, but if you can play fast and play your "A" game thats great, but you have to be aware of timing tells

another thing to worry about is missing value, if you play super fast every time you probably are not optimizing your bet sizing

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I play in tournaments I like playing with the time to give wrong tells to the villains , if it's a freeroll no ,most of the time I make quick decisions . If it's a cash game , I usually play zoom , so fast playing is something I always do and I don't play there with the time , straightforward play without delays (only if I have the absolute nuts ) .
The time you take to take a decision ofcourse is a tell to many . the faster you call , if you are not calling station ,imo the more moderate or trash hand you have , if the calling speed is normal it's ok , if he's taking too slow/too much time , he's trying to trap you , but all these depends on villains image on the table and info/notes on them . And others know better than me the tells:)

And anyway , I prefer fast dancing to fast playing . Let's go !!
animated-christmas-santa-image-0078.gif

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Instead, you could try the complete opposite like Kassouf and tank absolutely everyone hand, especially when you have an easy fold preflop. This gives away very little but might irritate everyone else ever so slightly...

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i watch how people bet ... yet it can catch you I play 6 rooms generally and dont use auto buttons so have the extra time etc.. I mix up play but study betting habits of others. some could catch me if they up and change their game:)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i find it best to play at a constant pace as not to give any indication of your hand,,if you play the same way then the other person should have no clus as to what your holding,,,and i find you get alot of frustation from opponents and you can use that,,,then don`t be afraid to change it up,,,slow play a big hand once in while too,,,well gl buddy :icon_salu