Exploitative game on online poker

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone.

I want be more exploitative on my game. Is there any book could you advice to study/improve for exploitative game? I've searched but couldn't found any good.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would strongly recommend Jonathan Little's content. He has a lot of free content on YouTube and some more on his website; pokercoaching.com.

He also has a wide range of books. If you are fairly new to the game I would start with Strategies for Beating Small Stakes Poker Tournaments/Cash Games (two different books). If you have reasonable experience already, I'd recommend Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem. Which is much more in depth and will give you a serious test in thinking about the game.

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would strongly recommend Jonathan Little's content. He has a lot of free content on YouTube and some more on his website; pokercoaching.com.

He also has a wide range of books. If you are fairly new to the game I would start with Strategies for Beating Small Stakes Poker Tournaments/Cash Games (two different books). If you have reasonable experience already, I'd recommend Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem. Which is much more in depth and will give you a serious test in thinking about the game.

Thanks for reply!

Pokercoaching and Jonathan is amazing i know. I'm following him. But i need to a book for specific concept on exploitative game. Just like there are books specific for mental stuff or GTO. I couldn't find any for "exploitative game" for online poker...

Last edited:
Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for reply!

Pokercoaching and Jonathan is amazing i know. I'm following him. But i need to a book for specific concept on exploitative game. Just like there are books specific for mental stuff or GTO. I couldn't find any for "exploitative game" for online poker...

Mastering Small Stakes will do that. It explains what the fundamentally sound play is and then how to exploit certain player pool traits. That is basically what exploitative strategy is: solid foundation and the ability to spot and exploit opponents weaknesses.

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mastering Small Stakes will do that. It explains what the fundamentally sound play is and then how to exploit certain player pool traits. That is basically what exploitative strategy is: solid foundation and the ability to spot and exploit opponents weaknesses.

Thank you for reply and advice! I'm grateful!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Exploit is just a synonym for taking advantage of a person for personal benefit. Just change your search word to a word synonymous with exploit and you should find what you are searching for.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
if you want to exploit your opponent you have to know your opponent

and by that playing a lot of hands vs him, in that way you can exploit him

hope it helps

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crushing The Microstakes by Nathan Villiams AKA Blackrain79 is a classic, when it comes to how to exploit bad poker players.

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exploit is just a synonym for taking advantage of a person for personal benefit. Just change your search word to a word synonymous with exploit and you should find what you are searching for.

Thanks for advice. You're right!

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to exploit your opponent you have to know your opponent

and by that playing a lot of hands vs him, in that way you can exploit him

hope it helps

It helps well, thanks for advice! I should play with a HUD.

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crushing The Microstakes by Nathan Villiams AKA Blackrain79 is a classic, when it comes to how to exploit bad poker players.

Exactly. He is a legend and I'm fan of him. I follow his blog and Facebook group. He is always helpful!

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the books raise this question, in other words, how to get the most out of your spectrum, if you consider yourself a fairly successful player, you can play any two, but at the same time clearly control and understand where why and who, there is no point in using such moves if you play more than three tables for example

W

wheresmybitcoin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the 3rd time you will read this: blackrain79. Non-GTO approch. He explain you how a NL2 & NL5 fish thinks about the game and the reason behind the decisions you need to take against them. Totally different than the decesions you make vs a person that tries to improve his/her game everyday.

I'm in the process of createing a discord study group but I'm only interested on players that seek Exploitative strategy. If any one is interested PM me.

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the books raise this question, in other words, how to get the most out of your spectrum, if you consider yourself a fairly successful player, you can play any two, but at the same time clearly control and understand where why and who, there is no point in using such moves if you play more than three tables for example

You are right. Thank you for reply. Even 3 tables would be enough to make me mistakes cause I'm not much experienced and calculating things slowly. Just trying to be correct. Thank you for reply and let me know your opinions!

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right. Thank you for reply. Even 3 tables would be enough to make me mistakes cause I'm not much experienced and calculating things slowly. Just trying to be correct. Thank you for reply and let me know your opinions!

poker is not chess, even if everything is done correctly - it is not always a plus

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not chess, even if everything is done correctly - it is not always a plus

You're right. But when there is math (calculating odds in complex hands) and focusing problem cause of more tables (my turn at same time in few tables, time is going and makes stress) that makes me lose. I would play better if i could focus. Just need experience on multitabling.

Thanks for reply and let me know your opinions! :)

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You're right. But when there is math (calculating odds in complex hands) and focusing problem cause of more tables (my turn at same time in few tables, time is going and makes stress) that makes me lose. I would play better if i could focus. Just need experience on multitabling.

Thanks for reply and let me know your opinions! :)

tables are not used during the game, this is done when analyzing the game and parsing the session, while the game usually uses hud hm or pt

Top 10 Games