ev and profit

VPTatiana

VPTatiana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys! Help me please! Im not a native english speaker and I have to translate some text about poker pools' rules and some stuff about standard deviation and variance etc..
I really cant find words that mean:

1) the situation when ur EV is less than profit
and
2) the situation when ur EV is more than profit..
how do u call it?
like highs and lows, like differences between these two measures...
i have racked my brain ..
thank u very much in advance!!!

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmm I would call 1st situation as an upswing and 2nd as downswing. I don't know if you asked exactly about it :p

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your EV is the expected value of your actions - this is where your profit will be in the long run

However, in the short run, EV will not be the same as profit. EV is still the expected value of your actions, but the profit is the actual wins or losses based on how the cards fell

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EV AND PROFIT

EV valor médio esperado é um resultado do capital da nossa mão EV positivo é sempre lucro ok
Lucro significa lucro, então você está lucrando EV positivo não é confuso conceitos são diferentes, mas sempre em economia de lucro e poker é o conceito de ganhar
E EV é uma medida de equidade que você ganha Espero que tenha ajudado

:jd4:Jmateuspoker

VPTatiana

VPTatiana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm I would call 1st situation as an upswing and 2nd as downswing. I don't know if you asked exactly about it :p

Thank u a lot for ur help!:icon_flow
These terms u mentioned are close to meanings, but still have another definition(

VPTatiana

VPTatiana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your EV is the expected value of your actions - this is where your profit will be in the long run

However, in the short run, EV will not be the same as profit. EV is still the expected value of your actions, but the profit is the actual wins or losses based on how the cards fell

I got it..im trying to call the difference between EV and profit..this very sum between them!
Thanks for help anyway!^^

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also use a translator, so I'm sorry if I can not explain well
When the profit are above the EV it means that these running well. But when your profit is below your EV this is known as a standard deviation (when within what we consider normal parameters) that is, we hope it can happen that. We usually call this variance, and it is not necessarily going to be balanced in the long term. The variance does not exist as a set of events, but of the possibility of each event that is independent of the previous one. They are relative terms that are used to know what we are talking about and try to understand poker and its luck factor.

VPTatiana

VPTatiana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also use a translator, so I'm sorry if I can not explain well
When the profit are above the EV it means that these running well. But when your profit is below your EV this is known as a standard deviation (when within what we consider normal parameters) that is, we hope it can happen that. We usually call this variance, and it is not necessarily going to be balanced in the long term. The variance does not exist as a set of events, but of the possibility of each event that is independent of the previous one. They are relative terms that are used to know what we are talking about and try to understand poker and its luck factor.

thank you very much! You explained it brilliant ;)
The thing is that we have two words for these 2 situations in Russian and I was curious if english terms exist :)