Double up (triple) or leave the tournament?

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are cases im MTT:
Game go long time, more 2-3 hour...
There are enough chips to sit out and get into the cash zone, but there are no more than 10BB. But you have a great pushing hand (99+, AJs+, AKo). And there is a possibility to double or triple. + antes and you are back in the game and already have a pretty good chance of winning much more than the minimum.
If not all-in, then most likely you will leave the tournament as soon as you get into the cash zone. the stack will be very short by then.
If you start playing carefully 2-3 bets, then you won't be able to sit out without hitting the flop and lose this bank.
Having lost all-in, you not only lose the minimum winnings, but also your time spent on the tournament ... and sometimes they go until late at night.
Which do you choose, all-in or fold?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am sitting on a short stack near the bubble, I will often run my timebank and stall action to increase my chance of making it to the money. But I will never fold a premium hand like those, you mention, if I get a chance to jam first in. Its always more important to go after long term EV than just a min-cash. Also its not like going all in means, you are always busting. Often nobody call, and even when someone does, you have equity. Often the short stacks, who try to fold in the money, are those, who end up busting anyway, because they get blinded out. You dont want to be that guy. Better then to die fighting.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always play to win in these situations, it takes a lot of min-cashes to equal one first-place finish. Quite a few times I have seen people try to fold their way into the money and wind up busting on the bubble because they thought that the bubble would pop a lot sooner, when in reality the short stacks kept doubling up and they just wound up blinding out.

Blinding out is the worst thing you can do, you might as well jam ATC if you're down to < 3BB and take a shot at doubling up. If you bust then on to the next one.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I fold. Over a thousand times when I go in the other person goes in with any 2 cards and takes me out of the money. So I am patient and will just sit out until I become ITM then would try for the win is how most of my tournaments turn out.

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better then to die fighting.
The coolest advice I've ever heard here!
I fold. Over a thousand times when I go in the other person goes in with any 2 cards and takes me out of the money. So I am patient and will just sit out until I become ITM then would try for the win is how most of my tournaments turn out.
That’s why I’m asking this question. Because often my all-in in such situations is answered with any cards, but with a large stack. And as a rule, they destroy me ... be it the poker room is against me and is just waiting for me to go all-in. It makes me tilt, then I can't sleep for a long time and I keep replaying it in my head.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments, you need to win, and not try to grab the prizes, if you do not try to win, then you are wasting your time. With a short stack of 10 BB, I would push even worse hands.:)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have picked all-in and have lost every time and I will pick it next time. 23rd time is the charm or 24, 25, 26......

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have picked all-in and have lost every time and I will pick it next time. 23rd time is the charm or 24, 25, 26......
If you do the same action and nothing changes, then why should anything change in the future by 100 ... 101 ... 1234 ...?
But I understood you, I'll try to treat it as a game, each lesson makes me stronger!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That’s why I’m asking this question. Because often my all-in in such situations is answered with any cards, but with a large stack. And as a rule, they destroy me ... be it the poker room is against me and is just waiting for me to go all-in. It makes me tilt, then I can't sleep for a long time and I keep replaying it in my head.

Yeah, I consider this the big stack bias. If someone has a bigger stack than you, you can be pretty sure they have a better than 50 pct chance of sending you home because that is online poker.

Now I can eventually turn $3 wins into $500 given enough time, but I cannot turn a $0 bankroll into anything, hence, I do not mind waiting to get ITM, since it coincides with my longer term plan of increasing my bankroll.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely, It depends on the situation of the place.

You'll do all in carefully.