Double or nothing

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot double or nothing games and have won after a freeroll about 70$ with double or nothing. But then i was more hungry and played the big 50$ and loosed.
So would someone recommend me the double or nothing or should i play something else?

C

chauncey274

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make money on them why would you care what people reccomend? I play them every once and a while. They seem to be easier competition than regular 9 man SNG's.

Keep playing them. Just don't put over half your bank roll on one SNG.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also wanted to know who plays the double or nothing. And how much is the bankroll to play at once.

C

chauncey274

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have under $100, I would play the absolute smallest stakes that you could get. I've seen 1.50 Double or Nothings, which is where you should stay at until you get your stack up, but if you have under 20 dollars then even that is risky. For me personally if I was going to be playing only double or nothings, I'd want to have at least 20 buy ins, at higher stakes I'd want even more.

But I'm sure others might have an exact formula for you.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trie a few of those and they are esier field but when ur only winning double u cant really lose too many or its just like you didn't win at all

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boah i have played them after i have won 1 dollar, and won 70 dollars. Its not so difficult to win them, you have only to wait until three of five are out. Mostly the blind are then 150. Then you have to win one or two little pots and you have enough money to stay till the end. I think as a bankroll builder the double or nothing is a good thing.
Thank you for the answers

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats right they are risky when you want to win a good amount of cash, because you have to win three or four times without a loosing.

C

chauncey274

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats right they are risky when you want to win a good amount of cash, because you have to win three or four times without a loosing.
That's not the way you should be thinking of them. You need to get good at them and play enough to where you can look at the stats and go "Ok, I've won 65% of the ones I've entered, and I paid out 5% to the entrance fee, so for every double or nothing I enter I make X amount. And then you figure out how to play as many DON's as you can while still playing well.

You winning or losing three or four in a row isn't telling you definitively how good you are playing. It is only telling you that for that very small number of buy-in's you did good or bad. Think long term.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a problem that i get in a stage of routine and dont really can concentrate, when im playing too long double or nothing. I only loose them when im not really concentrated. Okay four a day is enough i noticed. But you can sure make money there.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is very risky if your bankroll is not large to see if it serves you ..
* The size should be our bench is determined by the type of player we are or who we want to be.

If you're a gamer 100dls Recreation with your account should not get more than 5 on a table "cash". The tournaments with an entry of more than 5 should be avoided as well.

If you decide to more strictly control your bankroll you can opt for the suggested strategies for Semi-professional players. You should have at least 30 buyins (or inputs) to play a sit and go table, and 50 buyins for MTT. In a ring game we should have at least 50 boxes of the level in which we are playing.

These rules allow you to continue playing even when you are in a time when you lose money.

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BRM is the biggest thing. Other than game choice. 6 man may be easier than 10 for you in double ups for example. Or maybe regular blinds fit you better than Super Turbo. You have a choice and you should stick with it long enough to determine your long term possibilities for success at it. GL

Salvete777

Salvete777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emm... With doble or nothing you mean heads up? Or something else?

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emm... With doble or nothing you mean heads up? Or something else?

No, it means that when there are 6 players (in a double or nothing Sit n Go), the first 3 to get knocked out get no money and the other 3 get double their stake money (minus a rake).

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the $5.00 ones on bovada .theyre quick like less than an hour.and low risk 3 outa 6 win I usually do ok win some lose sum.

dudemanstan

dudemanstan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot double or nothing games and have won after a freeroll about 70$ with double or nothing. But then i was more hungry and played the big 50$ and loosed.
So would someone recommend me the double or nothing or should i play something else?
You played a $50 buy in with a $70 BR? Dude bank Roll Management. Study up on that.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the $3.00 ones and I can't beat them regularly. I don't know what the problem is.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess i should have a trie at some tournements, but i dont like the tournements on 888, so i have played furthermore double or nothing. My quote was about 20 wins and 5 looses. I play usually at full tilt poker satellites and tournements like the big little tournement, but i loose them always whats my failure. I play often all in with aq or ak but thats only because the blinds are soo fast. What should i do to come up with the blinds.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Making money playing DONs is fairly simple.Use that money you win to join a training poker site to improve your tournament play.
A good free poker site is pokerbank.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Your plan playing DONs is to be very patient till you get a fix on how all opponents are playing.Attack the cautious players with stacks below or around the same as you.
When you are less than 10bbs push against the cautious opponent, avoid the big stacks and any maniacs or calling stations.
Too the OP I play at a level of 20 buy-ins in my bank and recommend you do the same.
To buy-in at $50 you would need $1,000 and also at that level the players would be LAGs and TAGs who would gobble you up.
Stay within your bankroll and ability dude.

H

houtlijm

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
if you don't get bored playing these i would rebuild with double or nothing sit and go's. the thing is when you build up to 70$ you shouldnt play a tournament with a buy in of 50$. google some articles about bankroll management. maybe google chris ferguson bankrol management, he has a few guidelines to follow. when you stick to these rules it's almost impossible to get out of money

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
google some articles about bankroll management. maybe google chris ferguson bankrol management, he has a few guidelines to follow. when you stick to these rules it's almost impossible to get out of money
You missed out an important fact. In order to successfully use bankroll management first you need to be a long term winning player. And majority of people are losing at online (and live) poker.
If you're a long term losing player, there is no bankroll management that can save you from going to 0. It can only delay that process, so bankroll management for losing players is somewhat overrated in my opinion since they're going to end up busto anyway. Actually, going busto as soon as possible would be best for losing players since it should encourage them to take some actions, think deeper about their plays (and losses) and try to improve as quick as possible. So my general advice would be: Study and learn until you're able to constantly beat the game and then apply proper bankroll management if neccessary.
Bankroll management is designed for winning players, not for losing ones.
A little bit of topic but it's OK :).

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are very right, i have to win more matches to have a good bankroll management.
It was my mistake to loose this 50$ double or nothing. Perhaps i shouldn't have play it. Thanks for the answers.
But otherwise I don't know how to make some easy money.

CATLICKER

CATLICKER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are very right, i have to win more matches to have a good bankroll management.
It was my mistake to loose this 50$ double or nothing. Perhaps i shouldn't have play it. Thanks for the answers.

No easy money in this game, son.

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Stick to the DoN would be my quick advice, especially if you're a beginner looking to build a roll quickly. They're low variance games and great bankroll builders.