Doesn't good enough!

F

Fernando2904

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been play quite well, and also I have made great improvements on my game. But some times I have the impression that the table is playing with my feelings.

A bunch of times I saw a fantastic hand, not just AA, but a lot of others being lose for greatest hands at the final card, even with all odds at my side.

Am I missing something?

At the end I'm getting myself day after day in a tight way of play, and easier to get fooled by others because I'm feeling push to be more care and attention to each player and hand.

Thanks folks! [emoji4]

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance is a fickle beast sometimes. No matter how well you play or how tight you are, you're going to get sucked out - in my opinion, more often on ACR than most other rooms.

You don't need to play so tight to be successful, just play positional, good poker and you'll make money long term.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing on the River

Losing with a big hand on the river happens to everyone. The biggest question is, when you have your big hand are you playing to take down the pot or are you playing to try to sucker them into giving you more chips? If you're letting your opponent stick around by betting small and trying to leach chips off them, then that may explain why it happens so much against you. If the board looks pretty innocent when you have a monster hand then it is usually safe to try to draw more chips out slowly. But if there are good possibilities for better hands on the board, such as you have a straight and there's the possibility of a flush coming on the river, then you really need to be playing to push people out of the hand rather than playing to pull chips out of them.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing with your feelings, huh? As I am out of the money another game because my A6 cannot beat an A2 since a 2 showed up on the river. Playing with your feelings like you would a fiddle.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how tight, or well you play, getting "rivered" is just a part of the game. As long as you don't tilt - keep doing what is working for you.

F

Fernando2904

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys! Those are good advices!

I think I have to find a balance between aggressive and tight game.

I used to play just tight, than I worked to play more aggressive. At the end I was figuring out what you be better one or other. But in fact I have to use both, depend of a lot of factors.

And the feelings still have a good influence in my game, but now I can see it better. Some times I got too much confident and do stupid things, other times I got so afraid that I do other stupid things. Hahaha

It is great to see how beautiful this game is! Thank you folks! Good luck and great games for all of you!