Does your wife or significant other help you with online poker?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife loves to watch me play poker, but sometimes she blurs my strategy, some times shes right,``that guy is bluffing, call him´´.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jaggafrig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife doesn't like watching at all

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She would cringe at having to bluff and wouldn't be able to take the swings. At this point, she simply asks if it was a good night. If the answer is no, I follow with a reminder that I've been playing with other people's money for some time now.​

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely not haha
She just ignores it and lets me play

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife supports me in my passion for poker.
See the effort I put into improving my game studying videos or reviewing my hands, I think that's why I can still try to be professional without neglecting my other activities, of course.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes when I play a good tournament or cash games at good rates, my wife looks at how I play poker and supports me morally and it is very pleasant for me that I have support from my loved one!

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I taught my wife how to play as a TAG player, minus the poker math. I did teach her how to count outs and that's what she relies on. But since I've taken on a LAG persona and the massive ups and downs that come with it, I think she plays better than me now.

D

druedain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my girfriend is very helpfull with me.when she see me geting lost in the gambling fever she hits me with a pan in the head and all problems are solved.besides my headache

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not need help while playing poker. The most important thing for me is to be focused on making the right decisions. Concentration, always allows me to get good results.
Good luck.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I taught my wife how to play as a TAG player, minus the poker math. I did teach her how to count outs and that's what she relies on. But since I've taken on a LAG persona and the massive ups and downs that come with it, I think she plays better than me now.

That's funny you mention that! I've often considered teaching my spouse or a friend a very ABC TAG strategy to use as a control while I try different styles such as LAG to see if it's worth incorporating to my game!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, it is just me living or dying from the sword. Makes life whole lot less complicated.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Greatest example of help playing online poker was a friend's girlfriend who would bring him a vessel to piss in and empty it, so he wouldn't have to leave the computer. That's a little too much help if you ask me.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play by myself and don't like to someone standing behind my back or just present in the room. It interferes and distracts me.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They do

My mon is always supporting me with all my goals, she doesn't understand too much about the game but she is always there telling me that I can do everything. She is a really good person and Im so glad that she is in my life.

One of my closest friends is always supporting me too, he is always joking and telling me that Im a bad player but he truly believe in me and he wish the best for me so I guess Im really lucky and hopefully they will be in my life for a long time

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t really count on my spouse’s help as she doesn’t like me playing poker. Does not interfere with that thanks.:icon_porc

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wife and poker do not match, even more how possessive she is. Separate soon is the best solution ahahaha

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think two players working together can actually improve your game. The other person may see different things that you may not have thought of.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way. I hardly get to play much any more.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sure. Why be w/someone who wouldn't? She's so cool she'll even take over if I have to leave for a while or whatever. I've had to leave and came back and she's tripled my stack. I know, lucky me.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I wouldn't want to be disturbed or threatened !!!
s280
Love to play one !

R

Richdublin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife hates poker so ultimately I play more around her

R

Richdublin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Though I'm sure she could spot a bluff a mile off or maybe that's just me she can spot

It would be interesting to let her play a few games though I find she has a very strong sence of a person's intentions though how she would react to online p lay wpuld be really fun to watch

Last edited by a moderator:
J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wife

My wife hates everything about poker. She thinks it takes up way too much of my time. And she probably is right. But I just play free rolls so it doesn't cost me anything but time. Let's play poker.

TeamPainter

TeamPainter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greatest example of help playing online poker was a friend's girlfriend who would bring him a vessel to piss in and empty it, so he wouldn't have to leave the computer. That's a little too much help if you ask me.

I'M DONE. LMFAO!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fortunately or unfortunately,no.Sometimes my daughter watches me play...