Do you think fold effective skill ?

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed many times that every i got high card like triple 8 in turn then i bet the others also bet more , i call almost i get lost . Althought i had high cards , according you , what would you like to chose ? your cards or cards of others . Seem difficult , isn't it ? For me i do not like fold . :captain:

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll try and answer this as best I can.

Basically, you're just going to lose sometimes. If you have a set of 8s on a board of K2984r, get your money in, and lose to a set of 9s, that's just bad luck. There's nothing you can really do in that spot except fold and folding a set of 8s on that board is pretty nitty.

But if you had a set of 8s on a board of JcQd10c8cKs, then getting it in with 88 might no be the best option. Facing a big bet or raise, you may have to fold 88 in this spot. Being able to fold in spots where you're very unlikely ahead is key. Minimizing loss is just as important to building a stack.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed many times that every i got high card like triple 8 in turn then i bet the others also bet more , i call almost i get lost . Althought i had high cards , according you , what would you like to chose ? your cards or cards of others . Seem difficult , isn't it ? For me i do not like fold . :captain:

Folding is a very important and profitable skill to learn.

If you have trouble folding then try sitting at a cheap table and folding almost everything for two hours. You won't "like" it but if you do it then you will get better at folding.

I suspect your triple 8 situation is with two 8's on the board. So you have a paired board and there are ways for you to lose to your opponent's full house or they could have an 8 with a better kicker.

Don't be afraid to bet. But then listen to the answer you get from your opponents. Have they been bluffing a lot? If no evidence of that then maybe - just maybe they have you beat.

Good luck !

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct folding is an underrated skill in poker. Being able to lay down a good hand is tough but if you know a player is tight and they check raise you, most likely they have you beat. Folding means you save chips which can then be used later. Sometimes not losing chips is as good as winning a pot.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's a very general question , you just can't keep calling a nit or a two pair combination in a super wet board etc. This depends in many factors.

But my answer here is that I agree,folding is a key element which is capable of make a huge difference especially in MTTs.So yes I agree with you!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Folding is one of your most powerful 'weapons' in poker.
When you are able to fold when your opponent gives you bad odds, you make money.

When you cannot fold in the face of bad odds you are making your opponents money.
By having the discipline to fold you will make much in the long run :stupido:

A dollar saved = a dollar earned right?
This is where the folding comes in...

Folding in Poker