Do you let your emotion overlap with reason?

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we see that emotion or our ego disrupts our best performance, it's time to stop and analyze our decision-making as deep as possible. It's time to see if what we've done in the course of a tournament, or that cash game session, has been played in the best possible way or we've made a mistake in making things disastrous.
Most of the time for me, it's harder to deal with my mistakes than with bad beats. I think most people go through this kind of situation...
So it's always good to review a session, to identify our mistakes when we're not at our best.
And you, what do you do when you realize that your emotion is overriding reason?
Good luck at the tables!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that in a game like poker, only positive emotions can have a good effect on your game and your results. Personally, when I play poker, I always get positive emotions and I think that due to this my bankroll is growing steadily.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
To deal with emotions is very crucial for me nowadays , actually it's number one mission . I decided to take some lessons , follow some new rules , best of them when it happens in real time , when I feel frustration due to a hand or for whatever other reason , I will stop playing , sit out , go out and try to relax completely , try to see what happened and made me nervous , or even more angry , try to fix it , relax , gind nd imposethe solution , then come back and sit in , continue playing , without thinking how much time I ws sitting out , how many hands I lost , what hands , nothing at all , complete serenity . I have seen many players doing it , it is successfull , I seee others continue playing with tilt , catastrophic game , they lose all their stack sooner or later for tilt orrevenge reasons .

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust myself all the time for having a lot of chips and in the bubble I always arrive with my tongue hanging out.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the stressful situation of losing a big pot happens, I stop the game and ask myself, "Am I calm?" If there is no effect from such actions, I generally stop playing that evening.
The other day, after a significant loss of his bankroll, Adam and Eve sat down and analyzed his worst mistakes and what emotions they caused. I will not take into account the hands being played, since this stupidity was committed precisely under the influence of emotions, and, accordingly, we got a simple formula for failure and a drain session “bad emotions = bad hands = inevitable loss”.
Poker emotions
Everyone has heard this expression - is hope the last to die? In poker, this expression is tantamount to denying harsh reality. Hope is the lot of players and players. If people didn't hope to win, they wouldn't be playing slot machines and lotteries. Calling against the odds of the pot with the available cards in the hope of getting lucky and winning, we will inevitably lose. To win at poker, you need to be realistic about everything and not let hope distort our decisions. I wrote it down in bold in my notebook!