frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
bluff-city-sign-jpg.jpg

There are a lot of players bluffing for a lot of reazons, but there are few players bluffing profitably. Of course, there are a rare number of people that instinctively can make correct decisions or seeing and playing a lot of hands can make some people to develop that instinct, but as I said, they are rare. To make profitable bluffs (1) you have to know to putting the villain in a range, (2) to define his call range and the fold range, (3) counting the total of combos are in villain range, (4) how much combos are for fold and calculate the odd or percentage. (5) The odd or percentage of your sizebet reference to total pot, have to be equal or lower to odd/% of fold.
:D
If you liked this thread, comment it!:)

chatocham

chatocham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm learning the art of bluffing. I want to steal lots of blinds playing against you.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still developing my bluffing skills but as a beginner, I'm not trying to bluff very many hands. But I do try to pick up on opportunities when they become available. If people keep checking, sometimes a min bet is enough to cause everyone else to fold. Similarly, on a dangerous board with potential for 3 of a kind, I sometimes like to bet it even on a nothing hand with others not risking their chips by calling. If someone were then to raise, I'm happy to fold and get away without losing too much in the hand.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get to nervous to bluff:(. Something i really need to work on.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on situation and opponent(s)

Trying to bluff idiots makes you an even bigger idiot. For example.

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know bluff.
coz 2nl players never fold.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm still developing my bluffing skills but as a beginner, I'm not trying to bluff very many hands. But I do try to pick up on opportunities when they become available. If people keep checking, sometimes a min bet is enough to cause everyone else to fold. Similarly, on a dangerous board with potential for 3 of a kind, I sometimes like to bet it even on a nothing hand with others not risking their chips by calling. If someone were then to raise, I'm happy to fold and get away without losing too much in the hand.
You are correct and this is the same thing I talked about, but the villain shows a very weak range of hands giving us amazing almost 100% of fold when we make agressive actions. The match becomes easier like this.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like to bluff. I prefer to have nuts :), but how is the specific flop and the position of course bluffs. It's important to represent something with the bluff.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without bluffing is not a game. not interested.
the ability to apply it is already good for the player as for development.
Bluff contributes to several factors and the ability to see them and enjoy a good level

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is used for deep stacks and against passive players...

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on a situation but you shouldnt bluff to often. You get caught into playing poker the wrong way. You need to have great timing. Maybe sometimes you could bluff all night, and some nights you couldnt bluff if your life depends on it.

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a 7000 player tournament ; run deep . count the number of three bets . Online players tend to go all in or fold to re raises . Live , you get a lot more by play , and a lot more re raises due to reads.

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think bluffing works in low stakes cash / tournaments. Too many players just focus on what they have and will call you down to the river. Bluffing should only be done against players who know enough to be bluffed. But yes bluffing is very effective given the circumstances, at least thats what I observed

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not like to bluff. I prefer to have nuts :), but how is the specific flop and the position of course bluffs. It's important to represent something with the bluff.

True. It is very, very important to learn about to use the metagame and know how your opponents will understand your move. But every info have to be converted to fold, call and raise ranges.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluffing is used for deep stacks and against passive players...

World poker is evolving day by day and nowadays it is already possible to bluffing proitably. But of course, this depends on to set villain's ranges correctly. :D

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on a situation but you shouldnt bluff to often. You get caught into playing poker the wrong way. You need to have great timing. Maybe sometimes you could bluff all night, and some nights you couldnt bluff if your life depends on it.

Indeed. Build a good image can make the villain's fold range becomes larger.

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely bluff thats the part of my game that i need to work on

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends a lot on my mood in the day if I have loose playing I bluff and very well.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff, if it turned out well, it brings pleasure. but this can not always be used.
depending on the situation. aggression in the game does not mean a constant bluff.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I bluff now and then but I rarely do that with air because zero equity spots are the hardest. I always have in mind what my opponents put me in and what moves I do pre / post flop.
The most common bluff is the river card, because you have a better idea of what draws are missed what hands finally probably got there etc.

Make my opponent fold the better hand is the ultimate thrill for me and requires some skill and experience.Never bluff calling stations. I like playing with ranges and not solely with my holdings.

Some players may think that a good poker players bluff every hand , what a mistake. Bluffing is situational. Imagine a good regular player who went all in 5 times at the river.The four times most likely had done it with the nuts and the one was a bluff.Balance is the key to success.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing takes a while to learn, but it helps a lot in the game.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is certainly something I need to work on and make more of a part of my game. I need to play less games at once and really focus on evaluating good times to make bluffs to keep my opponents from being able to zero in on me.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With what effective range / stacks would I open for a 3-bet light (bluff)?