Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody
Do you always go to ALL IN with aces?
If not, how do you play this combination?
Thanks for answers!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 99% of cases,go Allin,1% do not consider.

Emixilian

Emixilian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in any position.. to big chances to win to fold :)

E

EightSixSuited

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop nah there's diff ways to play aces depends where you are.unless there's a call station there, you're hoping someone calls u with AK Or KK OR QQ? MAYbe 1.5 bbs try to induce

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pocket couple of aces, doesn't mean that in this distribution you will be a leader. Not always oll-in with aces means a victory. It will be good when against you 1 opponent goes if it is more, then the risk isn't justified. In that case, to play slowly and to watch what cards will drop out on a flop.

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never going allin by my self, i will call if somebody will go for it but usually i rase by 3-5bb and looking at flop how good or bad is it for me

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always raise and re-raise your standard raise regarding position. Don't deviate from your style. If you're in a raising war then you can shove.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on opponents. In most cases, you simply will not be paid pre-flop all-in.

V

veruska A1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not always go to everything with aces, because there are times when you have an A3 and your opponent has an A5 then it always happens that you trust and bet everything and you win by the higher card. That's why I try to go with A and some major card 8+. Of the rest I think or because I only pay the blind but if I bet 3 times the blind I do not go to the sunset.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not always go with two aces in allin. Everything depends on my stack. With a large stack, I will not make an allin, only I will raise to 4-5BB.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Hello everybody
Thanks for answers!

Hi,
I just finished a $1.10 re-buy tournament at pokerstars.
Blinds: 2000/4000 ante:600
Stack sizes: UTG=142.000 UTG+2=115.000
I was UTG+2 and had aces.
UTG raises to 10.000, UTG+1 folds and I re-raise to 28.000.
Everyone folds and the action is on the first raiser who calls after thinking a while.
Pot is about 60.000 roughly.
Flop: Js 5s 3d, UTG checks.
I think about it for a while and come up with an idea to induce a bluff ;)
So i go all-in with about 87.000. UTG thinks a whole while and puts me on a bluff (telling me later about it, thats why i know it worked :rolleyes: )
The cards flip over and he shows qq.
Usually i would've played this hand totally different by betting a little on the flop, because i also held the As.
But now i am trying a lot of different ways to play the same hand :).
There are so many ways of playing one hand that your opponents can't figure you out anymore :D.

Usually no-one likes to tell others about their secret plays, but IMO the more you share the better it is for poker itself :)

Hope this helps a bit:cool:

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My actions depend on my position and the actions of the opponents, but this is not always all in

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I have a rule to enter all in with those cards. It s a consequence of many many crushes in the past.

L

litaana

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hardly ever all in with AA, unless i get raises alot then i will shove all in , problem is alot of times you will not get paid if you just shove all in , but raising to little and you risk losing to any 2 cards , so always raise a good amount and if you get reraised then jam all in

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you play freerolls you have, you must to go all-in or you will loose to some trash hands.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Not always, must times I do bet big say 5 to 10 BB, that way some players pay and if the Flop is rainbow or non connected cards, then I go All In! AA:

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On preflop 3 BB, if there is no threat on the flop I In most cases ,put 3бб or go Allin

O

ovanilton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop yes. But if I saw the flop has lots of draws I fold

M

Marmot66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A hand like AA can be played however you want , you can go all-in pre-flop , just don't scare all players at that table.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play aces the same as my bluffs, so it's impossible to tell what I have.

dexon303

dexon303

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have pocket aces; RAISE. If you are smarter than only 3betting exactly aces, then your hand is not as face up as you think. It could be everything. And imo 3betting from the CO is not unusual at all because you could do it with a variety of hands with the object of ''buying the button''. As I see it you are just scared ****less that you would 3bet and make your opponnent fold which is such a common rookie misstake.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody
Thanks for answers!

with AA I go ALL in, approximately 50 per cent, but many times I was punished for it game in one of the recent tournaments because of this progress were not included in the prizes, although he was one step away from them!

Z

zVitaliKz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only been losing with AA lately, it's better to have ALL IN than to play

jarre1977

jarre1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just hade pocket AA in early position so I just pay big blind and wait at some one come and raise. One raise ALL IN so I pay he hade k8 and flop come 10 8 K then come 4 and 6 so I lose. My lucky so meny times!!!!

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course not. 3bb, and then I look at the situation. With aces for all, you can fly easily, especially pokerstars.