Discipline and Bankroll

spawn30

spawn30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello cardchaters.

I know this subject should be well talked about among poker players, amateurs or professionals, but I also know how difficult it is to discipline my bankroll, I have already made some investments and I consider my gameplay and skill to be intermediate. I've got some results, but I always blow up my bankroll and **** frerrol's.
I play poker for about 3 years and this year I started playing with real money and like most amateur poker players, my dream is to become a professional and live this game of skill and emotions, I have been discovering how important it is to have Discipline and patience both in the game and with your bankroll, I have studied and I continue studying about all the poker subjects, in the part of strategy of game and tournaments, as well as with control of bankroll, I would like some tips to improve my thoughts Concerning this matter. Lately I've been playing lower sit and go and even getting some results because today I have this understanding of how much more expensive the tournament the higher the level of the players and it is mathematically stupid to play expensive tournaments with my level of play.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your topic and your game opinion

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree the discipline must be present.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker this year. If you are a patient and disciplined person, you will learn poker faster than other people. If you deposited money, you must need to choose games that you are more confortable to play, NL Holdem is the most famous and for me the funnier, so I basically play only it. Cash games or MTT? Like you said, your skill will determine what tournaments you have more chances to make money and become a better player. When you start bossing the field, you can think in higher buy-in tournaments. But if you are struggling, its important to pay attetion in you plays, like review it.
Hope I helped you and Good luck for you.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think it is very important to stick to bankrollmanagement. Otherwise you easily go broke. I recently also posted here a table for doing this. I stick already longer time to this. Maybe you want to have a look:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/bankroll-management-328651/

But I think it is not the only thing in what you should have discipline.
I think it is also important to watch yourself and watch the quality of your
actual game. If you feel, that things are going not so well, you need the discipline to stop at this moment and play again later. It is one point in which I try to build up more discipline already longer time. It saves a lot of you bankroll.
Go ahead and I wish you much success! =^^=

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw only now that you are from brazil.
Fala rapaz, boa sorte ai!!!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that to study,study and study again.And the fact that with higher buy ins of the level of players is increasing,I can say it is not.Handed played and not see much difference between ferrolli and cash tournaments.Good luck to comprehend the wisdom of poker.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management